The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
There is an article in today's Mail on line by Mimi Spencer, unfortunately I don't think she does 5:2 any favours. I am not quite sure why this is but perhaps it comes over too much as a sales pitch for her books, anyone else read it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... y-too.html

Ballerina x
I think she makes out she lost a heck of a lot of weight solely through 5:2 in hardly any time. Also, as many others on here have found out, you cannot really let loose on non-fast days as described in the article.

I started out at about 10st and 5'6", which is not far off her starting point. If I had lost 21lb in a few months I would be happy. It's more like 5lbs in the 9 or so weeks so far. I doubt another 16lbs will fall off me over the next three weeks!
Definitely a sales pitch for her book, but not a bad advert for 5:2. She looks good and also says you should eat 'normally' on your non fast days, not 'what you want'. She didn't mention that she has subsequently put on a little weight! And her weight loss was very fast compared to the average on 5:2 (although I think I lost my weight at the same rate as her without having a book to plug at the end!)
I think that some people can let lose on feast days, but I am certainly not one of them. In his heyday (through his 30's & 40's) my husband could. Just for fun I tracked his calories for a few days--10,000 cals one day and over 5000 on the other days. And this was not unusual eating for him. Even now, at 71, he can eat most people under the table if he wants to. It's the NEAT thing. He's always revving himself up to do things. He's always been that way. I, on the other hand, given my druthers, take a more sloth-like approach to life. :wink:
Of course this article is a sales pitch but I think Mimi is a great ambassador for 5:2 lifestyle and she looks great!
5 posts Page 1 of 1