The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

30 posts Page 2 of 2
Hope your dad is soon on the mend Wineoclock. Having spent an innordinate amount of time recently on hospital visits to hubby I've found they make fasting easier. You simply can't eat sitting 8 hours in A&E and when you get home you can't be bothered! Add to that the thought that it could be you one day and it keeps you well on track!
Best wishes to you all wineoclock, here's hoping for a speedy recovery for your dad x
miffy49 wrote: Hope your dad is soon on the mend Wineoclock. Having spent an innordinate amount of time recently on hospital visits to hubby I've found they make fasting easier. You simply can't eat sitting 8 hours in A&E and when you get home you can't be bothered! Add to that the thought that it could be you one day and it keeps you well on track!

Oh dear miffy49, I hope things are going better for you now :heart:
So sorry to hear about your father. You are doing so well sticking with the plan. Be prepared to allow yourself a little leeway if you need to. Be kind to yourself. This is hard for you too.
*hugs* hope he gets better soon :)
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Hey you know what we 5:2ers say. Tomorrow you can... So save that bottle of red for when the time is right... Then enjoy
:drink: :drink:
Miffy I hope all is ok with you and Hubby.
Quick update. Dad seems quite well, still not sure if it was a heart attack. They want to keep him in hospital for a while just in case. Mum is coping really well. I'm with her at the hairdressers at the moment.
On a happy note I'm off to see my son in the musical Sweeny Todd tonight. Can't wait, apparently he gets killed a few times which he finds amusing!!
Thanks again for your wonderful wishes
Oh no Wineoclock, hope your Dad keeps getting better, and maybe gets the hint this time to get a bit more healthy.
Yay!!! Dads coming out of hospital today. Thank goodness he is because Mums starting to lose the plot now. Hopefully she will calm down and not have a full blown bipolar episode. :smile:
Hi Wineclock, my thoughts are with you. My husband is on the phone talking to his 97 year old dad. He lost his mom about 3 years ago when she was 94! His aunt died at a similar age. On my side, my dad, aunts, uncles, grandparents all died fairly young (50's and 60's) of heart and other lifestyle related issues. They may have been overweight, but not obese. Nowadays, they'd probably be obese!

I'm committed to changing the script for myself!
Hope all is well with your parents wineoclock. Heath scares with your loved ones or your own can really motivate one in improving diet and fitness. Thanks now for 5:2. All the best
Thinking of you wineoclock, hope all goes well with your Dad at home, and that your Mum settles.
J
Hope everything settles down for you wineoclock. You're having a stressful time - be kind to yourself too.
Best wished to you and your dad. Hopefully, this will wake him up! Stay strong!!!
Wineoclock,I hope your dad is O.K. Heart scares are just that, scary! Your poor mum must be so worried and I'm sure the whole thing is stressing you out, just not what any of us need so a virtual hug on it's way to you.... :blowkiss:

Miffy, I hope your husband is doing well, gosh you must be so worried so, a virtual hug is on it's way to you as well.... :blowkiss:

I am so lucky that at the moment we are just 'coasting' with no family traumas for the moment. With just one parent left between us, OH's mother, we are not letting her go without a fight! Although we have been together for ever, we were both widowed when we got together so we are always mindful of how awful these things are for others, much love to all of you :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ballerina x
30 posts Page 2 of 2