The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

30 posts Page 1 of 2
Another reason not to give up
23 May 2013, 10:20
So my father is in hospital with a suspected heart attack. He had one a few years ago but it wasn't a wake up call. He is still unfit and over weight. I'd have thought that as he is Mums carer -she has multiple myeloma and is bipolar- that he would try to stay healthy.
So all this is making me more determined to keep fasting and eating healthy and exercising.
I have even managed to finish my fast today and ignore the call of the red wine bottle.
And thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum and all the support you give. :heart:
I hope yr father recovers quickly, I agree, I intend to carry on unless science proves otherwise.
Hi Wineoclock

Thats bad news about your father. Hope he gets well soon. Family history is great motivation
Sorry to read this I hope he gets better soon.
All the best to your father and your family Wineoclock. :heart:
Oh dear, I do hope it doesn't turn out to be too serious and also that it doesn't upset your mother too much. All the best.
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Dad sounds quite bright so that's good, and Mum is ok so far. Hubby being away fishing in the middle of nowhere and extremely hard to contact isn't helping. So again thanks for listening to me I really appreciate it.
Sending warm thoughts for your Dad,and hope you find your hubby soon.
Sounds like my DH, hard to keep track of his whereabouts too!
Hope your father's fit and well soon, wineoclock.

Hopefully this time he WILL hear the wake up call :clover:
You are being so strong Wineoclock. You and your Dad and Mum are in my prayers.
I'm with you wineoclock......my father in law died recently from a list of obesity related stuff. He never accepted he was overweight (BMI at least 53!) and that he had type 2 diabetes and that all the other things he had could possibly be down to his lifestyle. It has really given me a kick up the backside - my health is my responsibility for life!

I hope your dad is on the mend soon.
Crikey wineoclock, not a good time for you (well done for resisting the vino!)

Glad to hear both parents are bearing up, keep strong :heart: :heart:
Sending positive thoughts to your dad and your family Wineoclock. X
Poor you Wineoclock - I hope he gets the wake up call this time - maybe via you! Anyway you can attack the wine bottle tonight. Best wishes.
30 posts Page 1 of 2