The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been on 5:2 now for three weeks and lost 7lbs but I have developed a constant sensation of my stomach being empty. On non fast days, when I can eat what and when I like, the sensation remains and I feel as if I can never eat enough to make it go away. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes. Usually after I've had breakfast and think I shouldn't still be hungry. I'll finally give in and have a slice of bread with some butter and peanut butter and that usually solves it. Or if it's close to lunchtime, I'll just go ahead and have an early lunch. I've tracked those times and have discovered that, for me, it happens when my prior meal was a bit light on calories and fat. I'm satiated with a morning meal of about 500 cal and that will last me well into the afternoon. Other times I've experienced the constant emptyness I've taken an antiacid and it's been resolved.
Keep a general food diary and see if that helps you pin-point a cause.
Oh thats tough, Georgina. That's one of the things I hate about dieting. One of the thing I love about 5:2 is that I do feel full on non fast days.
The issue for me when I'm feeling like that is it's not always true hunger but "head hunger". I could eat myself silly if I let my head control my eating (and hence why I was too heavy). I can make myself get through that sensation on a fast day, and even the tummy growling doesn't bother me much. But on normal feed days it's harder. I need to practice mindfulness in eating habits and think before I just shove food in, but I admit I'm not very good at that and after I've eaten something I'm disappointed in myself. Think about why you feel that way before just trying to satisfy it with food that your body probably doesn't need. Sometimes it's thrist, we just don't always recognize that.
My stomach used to feel uncomfortable on the day after a fast, which lasted until quite late. I thought it was hunger but it turned out I was fasting too big a breakfast/eating breakfast too early. Eating a third less than usual or waiting until 10am helped enormously!
I am going to try what Carorees did. On Wednesday I was sick with hunger all day and grazed on biscuits. I then was really annoyed. How can I spend a whole day only eating once and then not get through another day without sweet things. I hope that having a late breaky today will help. I also slept badly again last night which doesnt help!!
I've notice the same recently - the day after fast I am usually all day hungry, crewing for high caloric food. Must prepare for tomorrow something filling, though low IG, like eggs for breakfast, and buckwheat with stew for lunch (which is eaten usually about 3 pm - polish style ;)). Also when fasting I tend to eat vegan and low protein, so maybe shouldn't skip meat dish the next day. Fasting today, will test it tomorrow. Good thing is, even hungry and snacking all day - I'm still slowly losing.
7 posts Page 1 of 1