The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 1 of 2
1 Month Results
26 May 2013, 13:36
One month ago I made the decision to give this way of life a try. (Notice I did NOT say diet!) I've been following plan for four weeks. I hadn't weighed or measured during that time wanting to get into the swing of things and see what happens.

Today I stepped on the scale and I am NINE pounds lighter! Wow! I've also lost TWO inches off my waist.

I feel great, my clothes are falling off me, I lost a shoe size (figures that is where it would show up first) and can't wait to see what the next month brings!

Thanks everyone for your fantastic support. I don't post often but do lurk a lot :)
Re: 1 Month Results
26 May 2013, 13:43
WOW!!!
Congratulations!!!
26 May 2013, 13:51
That's a great start Nancy! Here's to your continued success! :like:
26 May 2013, 21:08
That's awesome! I'm giving myself a month as well before I weigh the results and check my measurements..
26 May 2013, 21:47
that's great! Congratulations!
I torment myself by weighting daily and there is so many ups and downs...
Wish you good luck for next month!
26 May 2013, 22:28
Thank you everyone. I don't expect my results to continue at this pace which is why I will once again be avoiding the scale for another month :)
26 May 2013, 23:47
That is a lot Nancy! Congrats. I am only at 11 lbs after 2 months but at least it is down. :-)
27 May 2013, 00:03
That's great, good for you Nancy!
I really like your idea of waiting a month before weighing yourself, I think I'll give it a go as I was a little underwhelmed by my week one result and it's so easy to become a bit obsessed with the numbers on the scales .
Good luck for the coming month . . .
27 May 2013, 01:16
Awesome!
27 May 2013, 01:51
Congratulations, that's a really great start!
27 May 2013, 06:16
Congratulations! I wish I had the strength to avoid the scales for a whole month :)
27 May 2013, 06:30
I've decided to start today. I'm hoping to lose about a stone and a half.I'm a 41 year old male who does a moderate amount of exercise. Does anyone have any estimates on how long that would take following the 5:2 diet?
27 May 2013, 06:45
Hello woolsery and welcome to the forum. If you put your stats into the tracker that'll give you an idea of how long it'll take to lose the weight. It seems to average out at about a pound a week - although everyone is different. You can also use the forum stats via the tracker to look at male/age group/type of fast/ how long on WOE to get an idea of how long someone like you needs. Good luck :clover:
27 May 2013, 06:46
Hello woolsery and welcome to the forum and to 5:2!

Good advice from Jane. It's also good to make sure you've measured everything you can as you are just starting - so you will know how much progress you've made. The Tracker can record waist and body fat% too.

In general the average weight loss is c. 1lb /week or a little less, but a lot more in the first week and also more if you are heavier to start with. So if you stick at it without backsliding I would estimate about 5 months to lose 21 lbs. I managed to lose almost exactly this amount but it took me a bit longer (7 months) because of holidays, Christmas etc - it took me until the end of January to recover the ground I lost in the last two weeks of December :oops:
27 May 2013, 07:09
Brilliant Chicago Nancy :) I'm totally into not weighing all the time, been there done that. I'm a great believer in,if I'm doing the best I can, I don't want numbers getting me down ;) 2 weekly or monthly just keeps it in check. Keep up the good work x
18 posts Page 1 of 2