The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

31 posts Page 2 of 3
You can do it, just write down what things you need to be done today like blogging, exercise , etc and stick with it. If you keep busy it will take your mind off food. You can enjoy a delicious low calorie dinner tonight and think how proud you will feel tomorrow that you have completed the fast while having your bacon and egg sandwich for brekkie :)
Think of the benefits of your fast.

I find that food smells and tastes better now, so I look forward to my fast to give me that edge on feast days. Sometimes I take time to smell food. Constant over eating dulls the senses.

I also remember that I can eat a little bit more when I finish the fast - so on my feast day I would add a bit of fried tomato to the bacon and egg sandwich and plenty of butter.

Your OH finds you more gorjus - my wife has been very polite over the years, but cannot resist telling me how good I look :wink: :oops:

Will that do?

That's how I motivate myself.

And remember no one is really going to kick your bum - but they can admire it! :cool:
I know exactly how you feel - I have got several first chapters of novels, bags of partly finished knitting and I have started every diet under the sun over the years. I have been gaining and losing the same kilo for a few weeks entirely due to overindulging at weekends but strangely I don't feel like giving this up yet. Even if I don't lose much more weight I like the idea that my weight is not going up and I don't have to worry about dinners out, a few drinks etc as a couple of fast days put things right. If you really want the bacon and egg sandwich have it and skip a fast day this week. There are no strict rules and from your BMI you are already nice and slim.
Oh no, that won't help if you have given yourself so much worko and are now behind. I can see why you just feel like forgetting it all...12 blogs is a lot! Instead of playing catch up can you forget what you've missed and write from today?
I know what you mean about getting bored and risking falling off the wagon. I felt like that a bit on Friday - but I think I am probably closer to the beginning of the journey than you are, imcountingufoz, so it was a little easier for me to stick with it in the end. I'm glad you feel you've gotten the support you need to continue - I couldn't bear to lose the inspiration of your 30 Day Shred/Jillian Michaels exploits :-)!
How about thinking about it in a different way?

Don't think of this as just another thing to throw yourself into, try to think of it as something you just 'do'! ....part of your way of life and apart from all the other 'enthusiasms' which come and go.

I know the feeling, when I start something new I can't think of anything else, it takes over my life for a short while until the next thing comes along. I was in danger of just that when I started 5:2 but it soon became part of my routine, just like getting dressed in the morning or cleaning my teeth.

Enjoy your birthday imcountingufoz, eat and drink what you like just for that day and then back to your normal way of life - which is 5:2 and after a short while 6:1!! :wink:
Hi all I don't stick to dieting long enough to get past taking clothes a little never buying new at 2 sizes smaller but I can see me keeping at woe for life, and if you want a kick up the bum I'll do that. Pull yourself together now or you'll end up like me a pensioner & obese look at my stats ect how I wish I'd found something like this diet when I was your age so don't give in have a long bath & early night good luck. Sue :clover:
Morning imcountingufos- so is it 'well done' or a slap around the head with a wet fish? Told you I'd be back :D
Please let it be well done- the fish is beginning to smell
It's a kind of well done. We ate at my daughter's best friend's house, as it was her birthday yesterday and they are really close family friends. I only ate the one meal (as usual on a fast day) but I am fairly certain I went over 500cals. Probably not by much though. I had a couple of tablespoons of butternut squash risotto, loads of salad, and a few tortilla chips. I saved my slice of birthday cake for today but did eat a couple of crumbs of it.

THANK YOU EVERYONE, you really helped me yesterday. I wrote a couple of blog posts, ran some errands, and did a bit of banking which all kept my mind off eating. Today I am having the cake and a cup of coffee for breakfast, and I'm going to make an epic bolognaise for dinner.

You are all amazing! xx
What I like about the Fast Diet is that there are no grey areas. You fast on fast days absolutely instead of - well, I'll just have a little bit of diet yogurt, maybe a cracker with a bit of diet cheese, etc. and then it gets out of control. I find fast days difficult even after a month but I know the next day can be somewhat normal although I know I still have to watch it. I am losing weight slowly. But I think what a lot of folks on this site believe this is a quick weight loss program. It is not. That is clear in the book. To me this is about blood work improvement. At 60 we can no longer hide from our blood test results. So hope you stick to it for reasons other than weight loss.
Hooray :) glad you made it. I think you were still probably under 500 going by what you said here.

Onwards and downwards :like:
*throws very smelly fish in the bin* YAY! Well done you !
:victory:
Well done imcountingufoz! :like:
Going over the 500 calories occasionally won't make much difference, it's still a fraction of a normal day's eating. I hope you next fast will be easier :smile:
This is by far and away the best woe for a foodie like you. Do not be tempted to stop 5.2 Go and make up more inventive and delicious meals to make fast days the culinary highlight of the entire week (and don't forget to post them on here!) for the other foodies! :lol:
Very glad for you imcountingufoz - well done for keeping with the program. Hope you enjoyed the cake!
31 posts Page 2 of 3