The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 2 of 3
My 1st Fast Day today!
I am sitting behind a desk so easy to just have coffee until now when i have had an apple, banana and small nectarine and then dinner will be a small ready-made prawn salad (230 cal) and a cinamon tea for pud.
Havent died so far! just gutted chewing gum has quite alot of calories.
Nothing dramatically different here. Coffee in morning w/dry creamer (I can't take it black) and fiber drink - total 150 calories. Then a can of soup, usually vegetable, at dinner time. Total less than 600. After 6 weeks, I really don't get hungry, but have to catch myself reaching for a snack out of habit. Love the diet !
I have nothing nothing really until teatime - a cup of tea in the morning. Water and more water....then a coffee with milk at lunchtime to give my tummy something. So far for tea I've been having just soup. A full carton and at a push a slice of bread. I wouldn't feel like I was fasting if I had 'proper' food..
Claire
Coffee, green tea and sometimes miso soup during the day. I try to wait as long as I can with my meal. Today it was 3 pm and I had a smoked salmon salad, but I aimed for 5 pm - some fast days I just don't make it until then. Other favourites are sashimi, soup or tuna salad.
I stick to liquids until dinner as I don't want to trigger my hunger. And the liquids are as near as possible to my normal routine, but with extra water in between. So a small glass juice and a mug of coffee at breakfast, a cup-a-soup for lunch, more coffee late afternoon, then a carb-free dinner such as veggie omelette or salmon salad. I like to keep everything as simple as possible - no calorie counting, no difficult decisions as to whether I am allowed something. And it's working - 9lb lost in a month :)
Today I had a coffee for breakfast then mushroom soup for lunch with a 4-cal jelly and some blueberries and strawberries...then for dinner I made chicken and mushroom risotto with asparagus and salad. Was so good! Didn't feel like I was dieting at all :)
I don't eat until dinner as I'm hungry all day if I do. I drink fruit teas and water throughout the day and have an oxo for 'lunch' then for dinner I usually have chicken or fish with salad and save 40cals for a hot chocolate at bed time. I used my fitness pal to track my fast days for a few weeks until I was happy I pretty much knew what to do, don't bother so much now. Good luck and keep posting :)
It was my first day today,i managed very well....i feel good in fact :victory: Heres what i ate.
Breakfast: strawberries
Lunch: apple and Banana
(2.5 litres of water throughout day)
Dinner:kidney beans,chicken,cherry toms,spinach,garlic dressed with lemon juice and dash of cider vinegar
90g fresh pineapple
Tots 500 cals
looking forward to next fast,enjoying portion control
I don't eat until the evening, just drinks all day. Then I cook my family's tea and by then (7pm ish) I'm usually quite hungry so I have homemade soup if I've had time to make it, if not then 2 slices of toast with baked beans. Then more drinks until bed. It seems we are all different and this WOE can be adapted in so many ways. Today, which was my fasting day, I had to supply the week's biscuits for work - looking forward to one of them tomorrow!
I eat muesli with almond milk in the morning. Water, green tea and miso get me thru until the evening when I have a green salad or low cal soup.

I'm not necessarily hungry for breakfast in the morning, but if I skip it then I have a hard to stopping eating after my evening meal.
Sometimes I'm not that hungry in the morning so I'll just have coffee (with small amount of milk - about 15 calories worth) or if I'm starving I'll have 2 eggs scrambled or boiled with a slice or two of ham.

Then I'll go as long as I can til dinner by just having tea and water. Dinner is usually a big salad with either tuna, houmous, chicken or prawns. Once I've eaten I then find it harder to cope with the hunger so I have a low cal hot chocolate before bed, sometimes with a yoghurt if I've got enough calories left.
I generally fast on a day off work , no brekky and push lunch back as far as I can, mushrooms on 1 slice toast with some vegemite, then a WW meal , usually one that only has about 200 cals with veg then melon to take me to the 500 cals EXACTLY!

Cathy :rainbow:
I started last week ,today I ate nothing until lunch then a weight watchers tomato soup and weight watchers chicken crisps tea was a salad with a boiled egg and king prawns And a drizzle of balsamic dressing ,finding it hard at the minute but will preserve ,good luck
Those weight watcher's meals can have enough carbs in them to raise blood sugar enough to kick off the hunger response.

Next time try something with very little carb. Use a less sugary dressing, too. Balsamic is full of hunger-provoking sugar, too.

Early on, before you have gotten used to fasting, it is often easier to eat nothing until dinner, too.
I'm only on my 5th fast day, but I've been having 2 hard-boiled eggs (140 calories) and coffee with coconut creamer (40 calories) for breakfast, miso with spinach and mushrooms for lunch (50 calories), an apple (90 calories) for snack or dessert, and protein and veggies for the last 180-ish at dinner. Lots of green tea, flavored seltzer water and black iced tea in between!

I've lost a pound a week so far, but I don't have too much to lose and am really only doing for health benefits, long-term weight maintenance and last 5 "vanity" pounds.
33 posts Page 2 of 3