The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 3 of 3
@ewoodwor]Sounds very similar to my approach to fasting for the first 2 months in terms of content, though I have never calorie counted - just guessed. I realised at about 6 week in the best way forward for me was to save all for dinner. Others say that too, hope that is helpful. Keep in touch :like: :clover:
We all vary, I eat at least 2 meals a day on fast days. I drink a lot of broth and when the tomatoes are good, I eat about 250g over the course of a day as a thirst/sweetness quencher.

I tend to eat white fish and appropriate vegetables on fast days. I used to make glucomannan pudding (with unsweetened almond milk) but since discovering how much I enjoy Total/Fage's 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt that is my go-to pudding/snack on fast days with some raspberries/brambles/plums or similar, if I have sufficient kcal wiggle room. (That said, I'm now in maintenance so I eat a little more on active fast days than I did when in weight loss mode.)
It's good to see this post float back up to the top where it becomes visible.

I've found that I do best with boring, not too-carby, nutritionally balanced food on my fast days. In fact, I've realized that the quality of what I eat is much, much better on fast days than the rest of the week, and one of my resolutions going forward into winter is to start cooking more nutritionally balanced foods for myself and OH on those eating days.

Yesterday I experimented with using the Laughing Cow low fat cheese wedges along with steamed bagged broccoli slaw. I had read about it on one of the fasting sites. It was pretty good, and a nice change as after 6 months I'm getting bored with Asian slaw. But I used the onion/garlic version, and it seems to have given me dragon breath--OH commented on it, so it must have been bad. I may try the plain cheese version and see how I like it.

This past week on my fast days I did "breakfast for dinner" with a veggie fry. The breakfast part was a few ounces of very good quality ham, one egg, and one of those very dark German-style rye breads that is all rye kernels, molasses and very little flour. It's tasty enough it doesn't need a spread on it. The ham is pretty salty, which I don't usually like, but on fast days that salt seems to be a plus. The salad was chicken and broccoli slaw with the laughing cow. I finished it off with my usual Greek yogurt with sugar free chocolate caramel flavored syrup. It is a strange combo, but it's filling and I'm having no problem sticking to my fasts.
33 posts Page 3 of 3