The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
As stated in the title, I shall be heading to Spoons for dinner tonight with a work colleague. As usual, I will be using up no calories during the day. I've had a quick look at the online menu, which doesn't seem to offer much below 600 calories. Can anyone help me?
Would you manage with a starter as a main course?
I tend to do that anyway as the portions are so big, but I'm not sure how that would work in a Spoonies.
Just a thought
They do a sweet chilli noodles that is around 300 cals iirc so long as you don't add the chicken....

That and drink no cal drinks?? I think they also do a superfoods salad but I might be making that up or confusing them with Beefeater??
eckat wrote: They do a sweet chilli noodles that is around 300 cals iirc so long as you don't add the chicken....

That and drink no cal drinks?? I think they also do a superfoods salad but I might be making that up or confusing them with Beefeater??

Thanks eckat, I must of missed that! :bugeyes:
There's no Wetherspoons here :smile: so I googled it. When I clicked on their menu to see what kind of place it is, it gave me an option "See what you can eat". This is for those with allergies, dietary restrictions or calorie counting. When I move the slider to select only dishes under 600cal (I'm making the assumption you're a bloke...), it tells me thare are 93 dishes available. And right now, at the end of my fasting day, I want to eat about three of them in a row haha.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/foo ... quirements
Hi, I went to Wetherspoons the other week. It wasn't a fast day but I had a chicken breast burger and salad, no chips - and didn't eat the bun.

It was really nice (it's whole chicken breast), so I emailed them to ask about the calories in the bun for future reference. I also suggested they include that info on the menu.
Anyway, they replied and said they didn't have an exact count but it would be between 180-200.
The breast burger with bun is 429 cals so would then be well within range :smile:
I'm pretty sure the salad with dressing is 90-something, so you could have that too.

Edite to add, haven't checked the cals for any of the other burgers, but you can safely take off at least 180 for the bun, so probably have more choices.
They also do a chicken wrap with sliced chicken breast and if you do not have chips it is around 365 calories and I think a salad is around 100 calories. Unfortunately, their desserts are all high calorie but if you take a boiled sweet or wrap up a small piece of chocolate to have with coffee afterwards it will be bearable. :starving: This is one reason why I love eating at Weatherspoons, it is all done for you, hee hee. All you have to do is eat it and enjoy it!

Have a great evening, :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
Tara25 wrote: There's no Wetherspoons here :smile: so I googled it. When I clicked on their menu to see what kind of place it is, it gave me an option "See what you can eat". This is for those with allergies, dietary restrictions or calorie counting. When I move the slider to select only dishes under 600cal (I'm making the assumption you're a bloke...), it tells me thare are 93 dishes available. And right now, at the end of my fasting day, I want to eat about three of them in a row haha.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/foo ... quirements

You assume right :wink: And that is very helpful thank you. Today is a fast day for me if I havn't made that clear.
Ballerina wrote: They also do a chicken wrap with sliced chicken breast and if you do not have chips it is around 365 calories and I think a salad is around 100 calories. Unfortunately, their desserts are all high calorie but if you take a boiled sweet or wrap up a small piece of chocolate to have with coffee afterwards it will be bearable. :starving: This is one reason why I love eating at Weatherspoons, it is all done for you, hee hee. All you have to do is eat it and enjoy it!

Have a great evening, :like:

Thank you so much. I am now getting very hungry lol!
The other thing you could do, as you say you will have had no calories today is, do a half/mini-fast today and then fit in another half/mini-fast on another day. A one off 16/8 eating window is also another choice but whatever you decide, just have a great evening,

Ballerina wrote: The other thing you could do, as you say you will have had no calories today is, do a half/mini-fast today and then fit in another half/mini-fast on another day. A one off 16/8 eating window is also another choice but whatever you decide, just have a great evening,

How many hours would you class as a 'mini-fast'?
A mini fast to me is over 500 calories but a lot less than your average non fast day, say 800 to 1000 calories, whatever you think will work for you. If you go over what you intended to eat, don't worry, it really should not prove fatal, just reduce on another day by the amount you overrate! Enjoy :like:

The Club Salad is one of my favourite Wetherspoons meals whether I'm dieting or not. Think it comes in at 688 calories and is very filling. Enjoy!! :grin:
They do a nice chicken breast and pepper skewers with peri peri sauce and side salad which just checked online it comes to 449 cals
Many thanks for all your replies. The hardest part awaits me now....what to choose!
20 posts Page 1 of 2