The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
I was inspired to ask this question by Claire, who mentioned something about a Subway breakfast (YUM) after a fast day and I realised that when I'm fasting and I find myself hungry I promise me something good on the day after. :doh:

Sometimes it's pizza or other junk foods, other times it's a meal out, most of the times it's alcohol, LOL! :shock:

Since Monday (two days of Atkins attack and one fast) I was dreaming of ice cream and chocolate and wine and pie. Today, I had a small piece of meat pie for lunch, very light dinner at my parents' house and a while ago I had ice cream with chocolate and wine. Oh my, all of them were 100 times better than what I dreamed of! A great reward and -most important- I'm not guilty for ruining my diet! :grin:

So, what do you promise yourself and your stomach? What's your secret bribe that makes your fast last? (Hey, that's a good slogan, MAKE YOUR FAST LAST!!!)
... A piece of vanilla fudge !!!!! :grin: :grin: :shock: :lol: :lol:
... Sometimes more than one piece :shock: :shock: :shock: !
Ha ha, love that - make your fast last :-)
For me it depends on what looks tempting on my fast day. Today I'm fancying crisps and chocolate biscuits so I might have a few of those tomorrow. Last week it was fried egg sandwiches **drool**

Right, that's it, I'm off to bed before I raid the cupboards!! :starving:
Aw, Silverdarling, is it ONE piece EVER???

Go, Jenny, run to bed!!!
It has to be a really yummy massive breakfast - usually sweet. Smoothie, eggs on toast (sweet or savoury), crumpets. I love almost all breakfast food & I find myself planning exactly what I'm going to make on the evening before. I'm sure I've said this elsewhere too but tomorrow is going to be a toasted cinammon & raisin bagel with jam & almond butter and topped with sweet vanilla scrambled eggs. Yummy. Might have a green smoothie too, got some saggy spinach to use, but that might be too much with the eggs too. We'll see.

Usually the food I crave is healthy but quite hearty. I will often end up eating chocolate too. Yesterday it was cheese as well. Oh and Kettle Chips are half price at tesco and sainsburys at the mo - my weakness! I could eat a whole bag easily. Mmmm we have some barbecue ones in the cupboard. Even just thinking about them my mouth is literally drooling.

I think it's time for bed now...
Bedfordshire seems very popular tonight, LOL! I might head there meself...
... Eggs benedict! Although weirdly I resisted it on the menu when I had lunch with a friend today :grin: But it is one of my fave dishes and hard to do really well, all that sauce :starving: :starving:
Now I don't want to fast tomorrow, LOL!

But I will. Because I have a great meal with a friend from the US on Saturday (haven't seen her since last year, I think I'll cry) and then a nice meal out on Sunday. Hopefully my zero noodles will keep me under 300 tomorrow!
I always have crumpets for breakfast after my fast, with a thick topping of crunchy peanut butter!! ***nom! Nom!!!*** my guilty pleasure!!!
Kids are off school and we have 8 of the 12 chocolate sprinkle donuts left that I bought for them in asda today. Looking forward to one tomorrow with a cup of normal tea (have had fruit tea all day today so I had more calories for dinner). Not long now :) Shelley x
Chocolate. Or whatever else looks good, often a sweet treat like cake/slice. Or something I suddenly crave mid fast.

Last week it was salt beef bagels, just like they make in Brick Lane. I found a bagel recipe and left it open on my browser, bought the salt beef and that made my fast easy knowing I could have a bagel the next day. As it turned out, it was 3 days before I made them because of work... but absolutely worth the wait.

The interesting thing though is I promise myself the food I can eat the next day - and I really mean it. But so often, probably about 80% of the time, I then don't want it and make other food choices instead.
As it gets late into a fast day evening I tell myself I will have a bacon sandwich for breakfast. I would guess I end up honouring that in about 1 in 3 day-after breakfasts.
JennyH10 wrote: Ha ha, love that - make your fast last :-)
For me it depends on what looks tempting on my fast day. Today I'm fancying crisps and chocolate biscuits so I might have a few of those tomorrow. Last week it was fried egg sandwiches **drool**

Right, that's it, I'm off to bed before I raid the cupboards!! :starving:

my food habit is same as you. i take crips & biscuits for breakfast.
Shortbread for my breaky tomorrow, canny wait!!!
20 posts Page 1 of 2