The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
I was hoping to do a 36 hr just liquids fast but that didn't go to plan and as it is my first fast I decided not to be too hard on myself. I read there are lots of variations on how people do it - so can anyone confirm whether I've done it right please?

My last meal was yesterday At 8pm. I had a white coffee no sugar this morning along with a banana. At 6pm I had an orange and at 7pm I had a ham omelette with veg. All in all I've had 526 calories, so a bit over but not too bad I think.

Any feedback would be gratefully received, thanks in anticipation :smile:
Perfect! Don't worry about going over a bit the first week or two. It takes a while for your body (and mind) to adjust. It sounds like it went well. If you have any problems or questions, just post them and someone will be along to help you out!

BTW, Welcome!
YES! Great job on your first fast! :like: :)
Yep, there are lots of variations. And that is because in the end, people are able to adjust this diet to that perfect combination of what works for them and what they can sustain for life.

So I would tell you that you made an excellent start, and as you realized the 526 calories is close enough. You will slowly work the fast days so that they are a convenient and reasonably easy way to not only lose weight but improve your health. Enjoy the ride!
Well put deMuralist.

Sounds like a good fast day to me too.

Good luck with 5:2.
Yes, very good, now hang on until breakfast.

You can carry on like that for months and keep losing, that is why it is such an easy diet. I think people are doing the extras because they aren't losing weigh fast enough.

I am satisfied with taking it easy and enjoying my food. I wouldn't do it if it was as painful as a real diet!

Welcome to the group and enjoy yourself,
Thanks all. I notice I have put this in the wrong part of the board though - will see if I can get I moved.
Well done!! I would think that's fine, I never stick to 500 let's face it the more you have to shift the longer you will be on it so you then have more scope to cut further, I have further to go than you so we'll be on the journey together, it takes some doing picking a Friday so well done and now you can enjoy your weekend but don't overcompensate. :heart: Sue
You did it right fat2fit, think its better if you get used to the fast days on around 500 calories rather than trying to start 36 hr liquid fats straight away. Once you are confident maybe you can move to 36 hr liquid fast.
Sounds good! WARNING - read the 36 hour liquid only posts and you will see that the best way to approach it is once you have dipped your toes in the water with 5.2 . Take it easy, do it only 2 days a week at first, eating several times a day, graduate to once or twice a day, stay like that for a while, if you feel good and are losing weight great, if not check your tdee and adjust.. Look, this is not a quick fix, you are not going to lose tons of weight overnight, or even a stone in a month, unless you're out of the "norm"....but it is sustainable. as a wol and I don't want to sound superior or arrogant, BUT it' not so easy that you can just jump in and start doing it on 36 hour fasts and find it sustainable. If you want to make it just the latest on the list of unworkable diets fine, go ahead, you'll probably get sick of it pretty soon, and just do what you usually do when a diet gets too hard to sustain (BINGE) or......!Look, what I'm saying really is have a bit of faith, and a lot of patience. This is a wonderful woe and it works, but NOT if you run before you can walk!
Hey fat2fit I am glad to see your post. I read your post yesterday and I have been waiting to see if you would check in today. You seem to have made a great start to your new life. Well done and keep the good work up.
A fantastic start, if you look at your progress chart page it will tell you how many calories you can have on a fast day and I'm sure you'll find it'll be over 500 cals anyway so you are bang on especially for a first fast! I started by just adding two fast days a week and changing nothing else. It was only after about 3 months I tried a liquid only fast and that was only after managing to go for one 500 cal meal in the evening on a fast day for quite a long time. Don't rush it as with lots to lose (like me) you will still lose weight without doing anything except fast twice a week! A big pat on the back and spend some time fantasising about breakfast!
Thank you for your encouraging and informative replies. I will take it slowly to turn this into a WOE rather than a fad :like:
Good Job! :like:
16 posts Page 1 of 2