The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

27 posts Page 1 of 2
You were all right. After an initial "nothing" of a week, the second week has been a total success. I look thinner and, more important, I feel thinner, which it means I'm much more motivate and almost waiting the next fast.
I've got only a problem. Since I started, I've been having stomachache, sometimes even with a sort of sickness. Has anyone of you experienced something similar? :confused:
Hi Silvia,
good to know there is another Italian on the site. Hope you reach your target soon. Personally never experienced those symptoms, but I am sure you'll receive lots of answers about it.
Welcome,
J
Then we will be two Italians on diet. Nice to hear from you. It seems you're having my same problem I have to find Italians doing the 5:2 but I think the reason is that the 5:2 is a "new" diet and being the informations mostly in English, it's not so easy to spread it...
Thanks for your words :smile:
Ciao Silvia! We are 3!! I'm on the diet for 3 weeks and I'm adjusting this diet for myself, and my needs I'm mixing 5:2 with 16/8 I decided to weigh myself after a month.. we'll see!!

Good luck!!
Hi. I'm not weighting myself either fearing that it could be a disappointment. I rather prefer try to fit in my tighter clothes once a week to see the difference. In a month time, like you, I will see at the scale's response, but tell me, what's the 16/8? There's always something to learn....
Well I'm not Italian, but I've lived here for 35 years, so I guess I sort of qualify! It's true that not many people here seem to know about the 5:2 theory (and even fewer are attracted by the idea of skipping meals :wink: ), so it's nice to see that I'm not alone.

Silvia: sorry to hear about your problems, but I'm afraid I have no suggestions to make because I haven't experienced them myself.

All I can say is that after trying eating three small meals a day I have found it much easier to skip breakfast and lunch and just have a really low-calorie evening meal (I have calculated that a big plate of rocket, bresaola and parmesan/grana can be made to amount to around just 200 cals and still be delicious!).
titch22 wrote: Well I'm not Italian, but I've lived here for 35 years, so I guess I sort of qualify! It's true that not many people here seem to know about the 5:2 theory (and even fewer are attracted by the idea of skipping meals :wink: ), so it's nice to see that I'm not alone.

Silvia: sorry to hear about your problems, but I'm afraid I have no suggestions to make because I haven't experienced them myself.

All I can say is that after trying eating three small meals a day I have found it much easier to skip breakfast and lunch and just have a really low-calorie evening meal (I have calculated that a big plate of rocket, bresaola and parmesan/grana can be made to amount to around just 200 cals and still be delicious!).

So are you still living in Italy? It's true that not so many people are attracted by skipping meals but I find it easier than controlling myself everyday... During my fast days I have breakfast and dinner, trying to leave 12 hours in between without food and I manage it quite well... Will see if there is someone who is facing my problem too..
So we are not alone in the universe...
I am in my 3th month now and have tried different strategies.
I started with the 3 meals plan, went through the 2 meals (lunch and dinner) and finished with having only 1 meal in the evening, which I find the best solution so far. For us "maschietti" it is easy with our 600cals to have a decent meal. I can always fit in a plate of pasta or rice and some meat with salad or tomatoes or vegetables.
I am not even that strict on fast days anymore, but I think that all the training I do helps me quite a bit, but still the diet works and days just pass by without even noticing it anymore.
You are both right when you say that noone knows about this diet and I find it quite strange since we are so keen to follow new trends form other countries. I tried to talk to someone about it, but didn't see any interest and therefore I am not talking about it anymore. Just my wife knows and she understands.
Anyway I reached my first goal, 74kg, and lowered it now to 73, but I am close to it again.
Well that's all. Have a nice Sunday.
Ciao,
J
Yup, we are not alone in the universe but we are few in Italy and the fact that we usually don't speak English doesn't help. I have tried to talk to other people too, I even opened a thread on a diet forum but nobody was interested so I gave up. I thought it would be good to start with someone else, you know, it may be handy in case you loose your hopes or just to share the experience and help each other but that's ok, I'm following the 5:2 anyway and so I have migrated to this site where at least I can share with other people the day to day practise. I understand from your blog that you're doing a quite heavy training and I'm sure it helps. I was doing 5/6 km. a day but when I fast I've found it's nearly impossible because I feel faint even if I stand still :frown: You must be quite strong to manage to do it!
Have a nice Sunday too.
Silvia
Ciao a tutti/e!!!
I'm the 4th from Italy.
All of my friends are into Atkins style diets and the "new" D'Urso's one full of unhealthy soy derivates.
Good to have you onboard.
Wellcome and happy fasting.
Ciao,
J
Welcome onboard too. Nice to hear someone else who's not on the Dukan
Silvia...I am not Italian but maybe in the next life! Make very sure that you are drinking lots and lots of water on your fast day. It really helps. Also, on the next breakfast make very it light like a smoothie.
clairemarie wrote: Silvia...I am not Italian but maybe in the next life! Make very sure that you are drinking lots and lots of water on your fast day. It really helps. Also, on the next breakfast make very it light like a smoothie.

Yes, and I do hope in my next life I'll be English. Thanks for the advice. I'm already drinking a lot of water but don't you think a smoothie wouldn't be enough to carry me through the day? :?:
So I am American transplanted generations ago from Ireland but I still feel I will be Italian next. I use 2scoops protein powder,strawberries, banana, some kale,carrot water. The protein is filling and your getting vitamins.
27 posts Page 1 of 2