The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 1 of 2
I love(d) pasta
02 Jun 2013, 18:31
All of my life I have loved pasta, we probably used to eat pasta at least 4 nights a week, For a while now I've bee chosing zero noodles over pasta, tonight I thought "what's my problem?" So I had some pasta ........ I don't like it any more, I really wish I'd had my zero noodles :confused: :confused:

The only problem is that they're several times more expensive :cry:
Re: I love(d) pasta
02 Jun 2013, 18:35
I love the zero noodles too. But I had puy lentils and orzo with onions and preserved lentils and I enjoyed that.
02 Jun 2013, 20:20
No need to give up pasta - the very idea!

Here's my calorie counted homemade pasta recipe - with a ragu sauce thrown in (in a manner of speaking! :smile: )

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/52-diet-homemade-pasta-and-ragu-sauce.html

Have fun - I know I do when I make it!

Cheers, B&W
02 Jun 2013, 20:36
I love pasta, but I don't have it so much anymore. Instead I shred up some white cabbage and steam it in salted water for a couple of minutes and use it in place of pasta. Way cheaper than the zero noodles, and still pretty yummy.
02 Jun 2013, 20:41
Way cheaper than the zero noodles

From what I've heard about them, imcountingufoz, the cabbage will be a darn sight tastier, too! :like:
02 Jun 2013, 20:41
Don't get me wrong but have you asked your doctor? Perhaps aliens abducted you and placed someone else instead of you...
02 Jun 2013, 20:46
Breadandwine wrote:
Way cheaper than the zero noodles

From what I've heard about them, imcountingufoz, the cabbage will be a darn sight tastier, too! :like:

Heh, well, I couldn't possibly say (but I reckon you're right).
02 Jun 2013, 20:51
I haven't had pasta in a while either, we used to eat it all the time but recently I have been more into grains.
Where did you get the noodles in France AnnieD? I haven't seen them and I'm quite curious...
03 Jun 2013, 05:48
I don't get them here Nicky - they're from Holland & Barrett either via visitors or postal orders :(
03 Jun 2013, 08:33
Oh dear, now I want to buy loads of things on the Holland and Barrett site, I didn't know they delivered here!!
03 Jun 2013, 08:50
...and if you use this link, the site gets a small commission :D
Holland & Barrett
03 Jun 2013, 13:08
There's a link for H&B too??? Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I didn't know!!! :-(
03 Jun 2013, 13:23
TML13 wrote: There's a link for H&B too??? Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I didn't know!!! :-(

Me neither :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll use it next time, promise :heart:
03 Jun 2013, 14:31
AnnieD wrote:
TML13 wrote: There's a link for H&B too??? Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I didn't know!!! :-(

Me neither :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll use it next time, promise :heart:

So will I!!! :like:
03 Jun 2013, 20:08
I'm a pasta lover as well. Why not it's quick and easy as well as tasty. But, I have come up with a solution that has tamed the spaghetti lover in me. I no longer buy pasta I make it from scratch. Now there is effort and preplanning involved so I rarely eat it anymore. I do make it for family get together on a rare Sunday afternoon.
25 posts Page 1 of 2