The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 2 of 2
tompan wrote:
Belladonna wrote: I know that a lot of mystics in the east use fasting and meditation to sharpen the mind and meet with God.

I wondered if anyone has had any weird experiences from fasting, such as lucid dreams, sharpened senses/intuition or anything more dramatic like spiritual/mystical experiences.

Although I would like to lose weight and get healthier I am very interested in the religious/spiritual aspect of fasting and wondered if anyone has noticed a difference to their non-fasting state?

I did when I would go on longer fasts in the past (>5 days). With 5:2 I haven't noticed too much in particular though I was knocked out of bed recently by a very shocking dream--hate to use nightmare but it qualifies--lucid dream. I won't go into the details but it involved the death of my sister (who is in fact dead). So upsetting that I went back into the dream afterwards and changed the upsetting ending to make it less so...(don't know how I did that, but I did).

That sounds nasty man. Sorry to her that.

I get a lot of bad dreams as I'm not in very good place employment wise just now.

I do sympathise.
Belladonna wrote: I know that a lot of mystics in the east use fasting and meditation to sharpen the mind and meet with God.

I wondered if anyone has had any weird experiences from fasting, such as lucid dreams, sharpened senses/intuition or anything more dramatic like spiritual/mystical experiences.

Although I would like to lose weight and get healthier I am very interested in the religious/spiritual aspect of fasting and wondered if anyone has noticed a difference to their non-fasting state?

An interesting questionas I do quite lot of semi-spiritual stuff, though I'm not naturally sensitive.

No results on these lines for me so far but it's maybe early days.
As someone said maybe you have to do more than one days at a time. One days is enough for me.

I was amazed at how you can cope and carry on ......even at reduced level......on low calories. It also brought it home to me how much I've eaten that isn't necessary (but that's another story I suppose).
17 posts Page 2 of 2