The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Not Sure What To Do
05 Jun 2013, 17:25
I've been fasting today and for some reason, I feel as yucky today as I did on my first fast. I feel extremely tired and weak, I just feel like I've been knocked for 6 today. I'm debating giving in and eating a good plate of hot food this evening and fasting tomorrow. Doing that will mean I'll be doing a back to back fast with Friday as well.... Opinions?

I feel worse for my toddler, she's had too entertain herself this afternoon whilst I've been curled up on the sofa.... Not that she's minded a few hours of TV to herself....
Re: Not Sure What To Do
05 Jun 2013, 17:36
You may be coming down with something.
If you are not feeling great I would eat something and maybe do 5:2 this week, if you feel better. Fasting Tomorrow and Friday will not help if you are feeling unwell
Remember this diet is a lifestyle, something to be enjoyed, not something to force yourself todo.
Goodluck I hope you feel better soon
05 Jun 2013, 17:39
I think you have a few options, besides the giving in.
Why not try to stuff as much food into the calories you have left, eggwhite omelette with veggies or veggie soup?
You can also just give in today, try again tomorrow and if it is too much to do a back to back on Friday have a 5;2 week.
I'mfairly new to all of this but the thing i love most about this WOE while reading as much posts on the forum as possible is that if its not working that day, there's always tomorrow!
Good luck!
05 Jun 2013, 17:40
I'll vote for the egg white omelette. It will definitely keep you going.
05 Jun 2013, 17:42
Hi

I'm just approaching the end of my second fast day in a row and I wouldn't recommend it. I wanted to get 2 fasts done and dusted before my husband came home and there were eating out opportunities, but didn't fast on monday as I felt too low emotionally. I've found today really hard and have not stopped thinking about eating - no specific food, just eating. I am SOOOO hungry!

How about eat what you were planning on eating for dinner and seeing how you feel after that? You might find that even a few hundred cals is enough to get you to bedtime (it's not too far away now) and you'll probably feel better if you stick to it - you've come this far, don't make yourself go through it all again tomorrow! I perked up considerably earlier after a couple of crackerbreads with a salty spread - I was convinced I was going to cave and I felt dreadful. Fantasise about what you're going to have tomorrow and make sure you enjoy some yummy food before friday's fast.

But if you cave in, don't beat yourself up either. Life's too short!
05 Jun 2013, 17:48
Well I've technically eaten my 500 cals today so I suppose I could have something else to eat just to get me to bedtime, I don't think anything I could eat would come anywhere near to my regular daily calories. I just feel like I need to feel full, with my tiny appetite at the moment that shouldn't be hard! I do really fancy some comfort chocolate though.... Good job I don't keep the stuff in the house! Thanks you lot :)
05 Jun 2013, 17:52
HopefulHeart, it is too early to have eaten all your calories. Please try and save a few for times like this one, when you feel like eating something. 60 calories (for example) is 2 egg whites and a spoonful of low fat cottage cheese, which will keep you satisfied for a while.
05 Jun 2013, 17:55
Sorry you're not feeling well. Have a hot cup of broth/tea. You could be coming down with a little bug or maybe it's chasing a two year old around. See this day thru. Are you getting enough protein on your 5 days?
05 Jun 2013, 17:57
Yes, good thinking about the broth!!!
05 Jun 2013, 18:02
TML13, I usually eat my evening meal at about 5/6pm, I just prefer doing it that way :) Usually I would have a few cals spare but because I felt shivery this morning, I had a nice sweet milky coffee for breakfast thinking it would shift my yuckiness, so my meal wasn't as big as usual.

Nice cup of tea sounds good....
05 Jun 2013, 18:05
If you feel that you can't do otherwise, just eat something. 50-60 calories won't do much difference.
05 Jun 2013, 18:13
I've just received the email telling me what's in my Graze box tomorrow, as luck would have it, it includes 3 of my favourite treats, popcorn, olives and sticky toffee pudding.... Very bad timing, lol!
05 Jun 2013, 19:27
Well, I caved partially. My BF cooked me a delicious 200cal prawn stir fry noodle soup thingumy. That took me to only 700 cals so I don't feel too guilty :D
05 Jun 2013, 19:30
It is only the beginning, you will be fine with 500 soon! 700 calories today, 600 calories next time, 500 after that...
05 Jun 2013, 20:01
And you can always fit in a 16 8 in the next few days to kind of make up!!! I think you have done really well as you have been through the dilemma and then chosen a really healthy option. I do think that this woe teaches us to listen to our bodies and today your body needed just a little bit more. :smile:
18 posts Page 1 of 2