The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I posted a few weeks ago to say I was giving up! I was feeling so unwell on my fast days that it simply was not worth continuing. Several people, Dominic and Carorees being, of course, prominent in their support, suggested I looked at what I was eating on my non-fast days to see if my problems might be some of sort of withdrawal symptoms on my fast days.

You were right!! My fast days may now be a bit bizarre and counter-intuitive -but I feel fine! Clearly needed my caffeine and some carbs. OK so maybe I should wean myself off addictive things but, hey, I enjoy my addictions!

Last meal previous evening.
On getting up, medium latte with skimmed milk and half a teaspoon caramel 120 cals (worked fhis out precisely!)
Lunchtime, medium latte with skimmed milk and no syrup. 80 cals
Evening - 300 cal approx meal.
On to breakfast the next day. (Guess what, that's a skinny latte!)

So thanks, guys!
Or you can be like me and feed your caffeine addiction with black coffee and tea! No calories.
Glad you got yourself sorted Kstep and kept going.
I think we sometimes get a wee bit carried away when we find something that is so good and go for an all or nothing approach. Giving up all addictions/dependecies/likes/needs at the one time is just such a shock to the body (and mind) that it has many side effecs- initially none pleasant!
Really chuffed you got it sorted
:star:
Glad you got to the bottom of it!
byoung103 wrote: Or you can be like me and feed your caffeine addiction with black coffee and tea! No calories.

I could! But I think in fact carbs are as much of an issue as the caffeine as when I go on holiday in very remote places and there is no coffee, i don't get problems. And as long as my milk fits in with the 500 a day limit, it keeps me happy! I really don't like black coffee although i drink black tea.
I'm delighted you got it sorted Kate! And thanks for thanking! :wink:
6 posts Page 1 of 1