The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Calories by Day or Week ?
07 Jun 2013, 16:34
Hi can anyone tell me if the calorie counting by day is more important than by whole week as I'm eating out 3 times over 8 days and know I can fast for 24hrs on each day and choose salad on 2evenings but 3rd is Indian need I say more naan+rice sect many thanks in advance. Sue :clover:
Re: Calories by Day or Week ?
07 Jun 2013, 16:44
I've wondered this actually just in case a fasting day doesn't go as planned. Do I need to re-do the whole day or can I just reduce my next days calories by a chunk to make up for it?
08 Jun 2013, 16:35
Well, the numerically inclined on the board know how many calories we theoretically need to reduce over a week to lose a pound and also how many we need to eat over a week for an increase in weight.
So, to me, it follows that weekly counting makes sense. Not sure if it's scientific but maybe one of our numerical/scientific members can shed a light on it.
08 Jun 2013, 18:03
I'd say just eat less another day. BUT don't make a habit of eating more than you should on fast days and less on feed days or it will just be another standard eat less each day diet and you won't get the benefits of severe calorie restriction/fasting (reduced appetite, mainly fat lost, possible other health benefits specific to fasting).
08 Jun 2013, 19:12
Thank-you everyone for replying and yes Caroline+janeg I was thinking weekly may work at least once in a while and don't want it to feel like any old diet simply because it isn't, not fast day today but I've been very good and same tomorrow, ready for my girly nights out why do they come together all the time? I'd prefer 1night per week or so. Sue :heart:
08 Jun 2013, 19:21
I would say it's cumulative over any period of time. If in any window of time you use more than you eat/drink then the reserves will be depleted, then they will be refilled in periods of surplus.

We store and release fat from storage all the time.
08 Jun 2013, 19:23
Weekly this week for me, but usually daily.
Been over fat days but under TDEE.
08 Jun 2013, 20:15
Thank-you penny and Phil wow what an article well worth the read
I was never considering the actual band but I did briefly think about the hypno-band couldn't afford it and bought 'fast diet' instead, definitely more affordable and also saving on shopping bill, still getting same amount of meats but more veg which I dislike but bulk up with salad + veg. Sue :like:
8 posts Page 1 of 1