The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

30 posts Page 1 of 2
What have you eaten today?
08 Jun 2013, 18:16
I've had:
Breakfast: sausage and tomato (155 cal)
Lunch: Salmon fillet and cottage cheese (+ spring onion) and a nectarine (350 cal) (I was at a food event; choccies shunned!)
Supper bbq: Sirloin steak and salad etc 300
Some wine
Bit more wine (300 + cals)
Don't think I've broken the bank on a feast day.

Oh, a bit more wine

What have you eaten... or drunk?
Re: What have you eaten today?
08 Jun 2013, 18:29
not fasting today so had pizza for T and it was magic ;)
08 Jun 2013, 18:46
Breaky: mini waffle and coffee
Lunch: porcini tortelloni with goat's cheese and salami
Afternoon: mini waffle and coffee
I just finished cooking dinner which is: oriental meatballs in feta sauce served with a very light spinach risotto. And wine, of course.
08 Jun 2013, 18:49
*drool* looking forward to feast day tomorrow now! :grin:
08 Jun 2013, 18:52
Not even noon here yet but I had some greek yogurt with half banana, chia seeds and a little agave sweetner, few bites of my left-over tostada from dinner last night. Might go out for some more 'refined' agave later .. Tequila! It's way-hey saturday! lol :beer: :drink: :booze:
08 Jun 2013, 18:55
Please... what's a tostada. We don't have them in Wales, unless I'm very much mistaken!
08 Jun 2013, 18:58
Today I have been wayhaying excessively on scrambled eggs on toast for lunch and fish and chips tonight :0@
Lord knows what that adds up to 'cos I'm not checking!
Teehee :0D
08 Jun 2013, 19:00
A tostada is a tortilla with whatever you fancy on it!
08 Jun 2013, 19:03
PennyForthem wrote: Please... what's a tostada. We don't have them in Wales, unless I'm very much mistaken!

It's mexican, fried tortilla with refried beans smoothed over the tortilla then some kind of seasoned meat (beef, chicken or pork usually) piled with lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa and guacamole. That is basic there are many variations. :)
08 Jun 2013, 19:05
oooh errr... perhaps we do have them in Wales, then, but they're not called posh tostadas.
'Wraps,' cariad, 'wraps'.
08 Jun 2013, 19:09
But wraps are wrapped, right? A tostada looks more like a pizza.
08 Jun 2013, 19:13
Breakfast - toasted crumpet with butter and marmite (pre-run carbs)

Post park Run - home made bananana ice cream

Lunch with family - a barbecue chicken baguette with a bowl of vegetable soup.

Dinner - spelt pasta and tomato/olive sauce (carb loading for a 12 mile run tomorrow), plus a fishcake (clearing out the freezer!) with asparagus (hurrah, some veggies!)

And wine.
08 Jun 2013, 19:14
Out to breakfast with the girls. Someone mentioned burger and fries and I just had to have it! First burger in a long, long time.

In my future, I see a quesadilla (made with a Sonora-style flour tortilla that is made with flour, salt and lard--none of that chemist list and nasty transfat stuff :razz: from the supermarket, really hot salsa :geek: :geek: and lots of wine! :grin:

Today is a Way-hey! day. :grin:
08 Jun 2013, 19:17
TML13 wrote: But wraps are wrapped, right? A tostada looks more like a pizza.

Not in Wales....
08 Jun 2013, 19:22
PennyForthem wrote:
TML13 wrote: But wraps are wrapped, right? A tostada looks more like a pizza.

Not in Wales....

Not wrapped, wrap is more like a burrito. Many restaurants here will deep fry the tortilla making it a bowl shape, then fill the bowl with refried beans in the bottom then lettuce, the seasoned meat and top with shredded cheese and guacamole, salsa and sour cream. I tried to google a pic but couldn't find one quickly.
30 posts Page 1 of 2