The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
All of the above--- plus, my digestive system feels SO much more comfortable now that it's not being constantly overloaded!
The guiltless feeling of enjoying the foods I want is great, and well worth the 2 days of "fasting".
What I love is that I am not cutting out food groups and feeling constantly deprived,I have tried,cutting carbs,cutting meat ,chicken, sugar,gluten,dairy ..
So nice to just eat what I feel like and I usually only feel like healthy things .seem to have lost my desire for junk food.
carorees wrote: Not forever wondering about the next meal! If I feel hungry it no longer bothers me. Don't have to worry about squeezing in meals when travelling for example.

i was out of control with my eating, i couldn't plan anything that didn't center around food. My boyfriend gave me strange looks and i knew i shouldn't but i just couldn't help myself. If we planned anything the first words out of my mouth was "were and what we would eat" As i have stated before i also have finally stoped my life long struggle with bing eating because of this diet. I think they should do a study with bing eaters and this diet specifically. Who knows maybe this will be a perscribed treatment for bing eaters in the future :shock:
:like: I forgot to add that I am saving money! My grocery bill has reduced by at least £20 a week.
Great thread! For me it is freedom with food, being able to enjoy everything (in moderation) without the weight creeping up.

I really didn't think I'd sleep well whilst fasting but I have slept like a log each fast night so far.

Definitely noticing how much time on a 'normal' day I spend cooking, eating and clearing up from meals. A fast day feels clean and streamlined in that respect.

Yes to reduced shopping!
Regaining a sense of being in control and knowing I have a tool that works. And definitely for me knowing that I can eat and enjoy my food 5 days a week :smile:
21 posts Page 2 of 2