The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Feeling nauseous
11 Jun 2013, 19:09
I completed my first fast today. Managed to stick to clear liquids until this evening. Had a small salad with feta and some berries with creme fraiche and a meringue. I now feel on the verge of throwing up. Is this a normal reaction? :bugeyes:
Re: Feeling nauseous
11 Jun 2013, 19:14
Oh you poor thing! I haven't had that problem myself but I can recall seeing others posting about similar experiences. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I am will be able to advise you.

Hope it gets better soon :smile:
11 Jun 2013, 19:24
Did you have any coffee? It can be caffeine withdrawal symptoms.
11 Jun 2013, 19:26
It has happened to some people I believe. The first fast is the worst as it's a bit of a shock to the body. The next one should be much better. I didn't feel sick but did feel dreadful! I soon adapted though.

Hope you feel better soon!
11 Jun 2013, 19:29
I had one cup of black coffee this morning but everything else has been herbal tea/ bouillon. Maybe I bolted my dinner a little too as I was ravenous.
11 Jun 2013, 19:36
Just nibbled the edge of a ginger nut. Hope that helps :frown:
11 Jun 2013, 19:45
I was getting nauseous after my meal on fast days so I started to have a little snack earlier rather than just the one meal. Which was a bit better. Sometimes it depends on how much I've drunk to keep me going. In the end I went to 16:8. It does mean doing it every day instead of just two fast days a week but I find I get less rumbly and I feel better in myself. Its something to keep in mind if the nausea doesn't settle after a few fasts.
11 Jun 2013, 19:54
I've had that problem too. I felt nauseous for the first two weeks of fasting, so I was forced to have some crackers (and eat less calories for dinner) which wasn't good for the fasting but it did well on my stomach. The crackers effect wasn't very long but thank God after two weeks I start to feel much better...
11 Jun 2013, 20:18
I was getting so unwell I was on the verge if giving up, after several months. Now I spread my calories out more and feel fine.
9 posts Page 1 of 1