The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

28 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Brits, how do you do it?!
12 Jun 2013, 13:13
Reading all this and having started fasting while it was very, very cold I feel that I have at least 3 months of warm weather in front of me to continue losing weight before I start feeling the cold and moving to maintenance.
According to the forum's average, I can look forward to lose 6 more kilos. Not bad, eh?
12 Jun 2013, 13:21
Yes, given your BMI, 6kg seem perfect! Then you can go to winter hibernation mode and just try not to put on weight, like Aina!
Funny that I had never even thought about the impact of the climate before coming to the UK...
12 Jun 2013, 13:25
Yep, hibernation sounds goooooooood!
12 Jun 2013, 13:57
Yes, it's much easier to eat better in the sun!

Have to say though I dont really like soup so I eat salads in the winter too!

Maybe that's why us Brits love a cuppa tea!!
12 Jun 2013, 14:16
I'm just having a cup of chocolate tea (Tescos) to warm me up. it's flipping freezing and the heating has gone back on today.
12 Jun 2013, 14:25
Hi Nanou well we are tough!! But on holiday recently I found I didn't feel hungry at all because of the heat, but in the evening after shower+change of clothing and having picked the taverna for that night I couldn't stop eating, so it is easier for me at home + also cooler on my walks. Good luck with the last few pounds :clover: Sue
13 Jun 2013, 08:11
Soups, roast veggies and porridge, fried (no oil, or calorie budgeted butter) mushrooms, herbal tea, or hot water and lemon. Scrambled eggs, warmed ham, on spinach leaves ( looks like a posh breakfast). Ultimate comfort food for me,, Brussel sprouts with lemon and calorie budgeted ham/bacon. Feels like Christmas.

Lots of diced veg stirfry over spinach leaves. Feels like a hot salad.

I guess I am lucky I take hot drinks black so milk is not an issue.
13 Jun 2013, 08:21
Obviously we are very skilled at dieting and fasting - mainly because we are also skilled at eating pie and mash, fish and chips and stodge unlike people in warmer climates!

I find sun brings it own temptations - ice cream and pints of cider with ice for a start!
13 Jun 2013, 09:32
Lol yes the sunny weather over the weekend was far more enticing.

How big a jug of Pimms can I drink? Lets not start on ciders and sangria's.

Technically I am not allowed to drink my off day calories right?

*winks*
13 Jun 2013, 09:47
Sitting here feeling quite chuffed that I've managed to lose 23lbs since January in freezing cold Scotland - thanks nanou & everyone.

The coldness was very hard in the beginning - if I had known that before I started I may have waited till summer where temperature gets into double figures in Scotland lol
Aina not sure I could fast in a Norway winter sounds like torture.

Like TML I'm hoping to lose my last 8lbs in the next 3 months before hibernating again. Then I can fatten up for winter again - only joking :wink:
13 Jun 2013, 10:10
Scotty wrote: Sitting here feeling quite chuffed that I've managed to lose 23lbs since January in freezing cold Scotland - thanks nanou & everyone.

The coldness was very hard in the beginning - if I had known that before I started I may have waited till summer where temperature gets into double figures in Scotland lol
Aina not sure I could fast in a Norway winter sounds like torture.

Like TML I'm hoping to lose my last 8lbs in the next 3 months before hibernating again. Then I can fatten up for winter again - only joking :wink:

Well, look it this way up north it gets very cold but no winds down south is not as cold but winter winds makes even people from up north freeze when they visit us. Either way its VERY COLD and all you want to do is hibernate and play dead on the couch and reach out for the chocolate for comfort.
13 Jun 2013, 10:30
I'm fasting, it's June, I'm cold, I'm not hard, I'm cold so cold, need stodge, not salad. But I do have willpower and a kettle that is working non stop today..........mmm sun shine
13 Jun 2013, 11:32
Me too Minsmum - I'm fasting, cold and drinking lots of tea. About to go out for a walk to try and warm up a bit. May resort to a hot water bottle later
28 posts Page 2 of 2