The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
hi
I know its a bit of a way yet but starting to get concerned about next week. I am currently on week 2 with fast 4 due tomorrow usually fasting Mon/Weds. Anyhoo I am out for lunch on Monday (know I'm having scampi and chips its tradition) and I'm seeing Robbie Williams on Tues (I tell myself he'll see me too if the other 70 thousand people get out the way!!) so then I'm up to Weds. So the potential problem I feel is that I'm going nearly a week without a fast. I can't do Saturday as that wouldn't work and I am sprinkling Dad's ashes on Sunday (sorry if TMI and also the reason for chips on Monday)
So if I have lunch on Sunday then don't eat until Monday lunch would that do it and then go with Weds and Friday as 'proper' fasts? Or should I just go the week?
Sorry I'm going on but I like to get organised or I know I will fail
thanks for anything you wonderful people come up with!
I see that so far you are doing well with two fasts per week so I will say don't change a thing.
You can move around the days as much as you want, that is the good thing.
The only reason why I would advise you to add a mini fast (from Sunday lunch to Monday lunch) is if you think that you are overeating between your fasts. If not, go with the flow and enjoy your lunch and concert!
Unless Robbie is treating you to dinner, couldn't you fast on Tuesday??? Perhaps do a half-fast whereby you skip breakfast and lunch but then go back to normal eating and drinking in the evening?

But then what you said would work too!
Having spent years working in an office I think of a week as starting on a Monday, and can see no problem swapping Mon/Weds for Weds/Fri. And if Robbie does spot you on Tuesday night you'll have that lovely warm glow to carry you through fasting on Weds.
4 posts Page 1 of 1