The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
ASHAMED!!!
13 Jun 2013, 09:41
:heart: Hi fellow faster I have mentioned a couple of times in recent posts that I'm ashamed of my weight and I am big time!! Well why has it taken so long to admit and realize this?
Because like most people I've tried most diets + slimming clubs on this planet and each time you give them cash + your precious time put all your hopes + beliefs in them, it doesn't work out you're fed up sometimes depressed gain all the weight and more besides, even more depressed and the whole thing goes around + around again so many times.
Before you know it you're at the stage I'm at now m/obese + mid 60s
I REALLY LOVE THIS" DIET" and it seems to be working for me,
I've had no side effects at all not hungry not cold not not not
But I am VERY HAPPY and at what cost £5 ish for the fast diet book!!!
Thank-you Dr M and thank-you Mimi, both of you have probably saved my life certainly lengthened it for sur
Just as important Thank-you fellow fasters+ moogie+Caroline + mods ect
Without you starting + working so hard to keep it going where would all of us fellow fasters be :clover: Sue
Re: ASHAMED!!!
13 Jun 2013, 09:46
Don't feel ashamed! You have simply been the victim of the consumerist society which aims to maximize sales of everything, including food and diet plans, but cares little for the health of the consumers. If you haven't followed the link in PhilT's signature to the article about obesity by an Australian doctor, you certainly should...she has some telling things to say about the way developed societies have ended up with an obesity problem.

So glad you (and I and everyone else) have found this WOL...at last we have the tools to control our weight and improve our health. Time to feel PROUD!

[[[hugs]]]
13 Jun 2013, 09:57
Wishing you all the best and the article at the bottom of Phil's signature is a must read for us all.
It is a lovely way of eating this 5:2 fast diet and the forum members here are so very encouraging.
Glad you are with us on this journey.
13 Jun 2013, 09:59
Sue.Q don't feel ashamed your among friends here :heart:
& feel proud you've lost 6kg in 8-9 weeks :like: :like:
So glad that this WOE is working for you - keep us posted on your progress
13 Jun 2013, 10:04
Hello Sue
I agree there is no reason to feel ashamed. The diet industry makes so much money out of the likes of you, me & many others. All diets require deprivation to lose weight & it becomes such a pain after awhile we can't sustain it which is why this WOE allows us some enjoyment, as in a social life, other health benefits & to lose weight. We now have the tools to enable us to keep on track for ever if we wish & it is sustainable. I have a lot more weight to lose so I will be around a long time until I reach my goal weight & then learn how to maintain it which has always been my downfall in the past. I also hadn't really realised how large I had allowed myself to become & it is only since I have started losing weight, measuring & really looking in the mirror that I wonder what had happened to me to become so large.
Well we can all do something about it now :smile:
13 Jun 2013, 10:10
Agree with Caroline and the others, you have done a fantastic job losing what you have and so quickly ... Absolutely no reason to feel ashamed at all - but I think this diet changes more than just weight, and many folk are in denial until they begin to lose, and it's then that the shame kicks in...
Good luck in continuing to lose, and thanks for your honesty, it will help everybody else too.
:like: :clover: :heart: :victory:
13 Jun 2013, 10:10
Hi SueQ, look forward to those positive feelings and not back at all the negativity. You have done really well so far looking at your stats. And remember your post yesterday? Cycling in our cozzies shaking our tooshies....... 5:2 will get us there :)
13 Jun 2013, 10:36
Hi SueQ - I admitted to my hubby yesterday that I was so depressed about my weight previously that I ate to console myself - he looked at me as though I had gone out to lunch!!!!!!

6kg off, way to go! You must be feeling the benefits already. Welcome to the club :)
13 Jun 2013, 10:52
Sue, I agree with Caro on this: you should be proud of yourself, you are doing something about your problem, which takes courage and you already lost quite a bit of weight. And I agree with you on this forum, and on the hard work that's been put in by Moogie and the other moderators. So just keep fasting and keep us posted on your progress, but please do not be ashamed. I wish you all the best.
13 Jun 2013, 10:57
It is not something to be ashamed of. Life happens. You will find more than enough information, inspiration and support on this forum to help you should you need it and, judging by your stats, you will soon be publishing an amazing progress tracker report.
13 Jun 2013, 10:59
Far from being ashamed, feel proud.
Proud you've had the courage to admit it and do something about it.
Proud that you've joined a community of great people who share your goals
Good luck in achieving your goals.
13 Jun 2013, 12:29
Everybody has expressed by thoughts so eloquently that I haven't much to add. We are learning this WoE and are gaining the tools to reach our goals and maintain once we get there and we are all doing this together. :hugleft: :heart: :hugright:
13 Jun 2013, 12:32
Thank-you everyone for all the replays, I was just remembering how I felt 3months ago + what bought me to this site etc never any self pity just bewilderment as to how I got there, I'm in a totally different place right now + so chuffed + yes proud of myself for getting to grips and sticking to this WOE also my walking 2-4 walks per week (Inc my mini jog) Iand will do the couch to 5km Thank-you Shelley, intend to get on that bike soon! also intend to put on my cozzy even sooner.
So yes Happy, Contented, Chuffed and Very Proud.
So I don't care how long it takes coz its Working, my new best friend.
Good luck to all. Sue :heart:
13 posts Page 1 of 1