The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
I did the 5:2 diet for 2 months and only lost one pound per month. This was while adding in extra fast days and sometimes walking up to 5 miles a day. I was getting really angry and frustrated. A friend doing it along with me had lost 10 pounds and she doesn't even exercise.

This same friend wondered, what if my slow weight loss was due to chronic inflammation? Since going into menopause, my body feels like it's been holding on to water like crazy.

Then I found the Lyn Genet Plan Diet See the link below:

http://lyngenet.com/

It is so weird to eat nearly at the top of my TDEE for 5 straight days (this diet was good for figuring that out!) and losing about a pound PER DAY.

It's worth checking out and it's all real food.
Call me daft but I don't see any information regarding an eating plan or recipes or suggestions...
If you click where it says FIRST MAGAZINE and then do some scolling I think it is there
Thanks Merlin, I will check it out tomorrow.
drower wrote: I did the 5:2 diet for 2 months and only lost one pound per month. This was while adding in extra fast days and sometimes walking up to 5 miles a day. I was getting really angry and frustrated. A friend doing it along with me had lost 10 pounds and she doesn't even exercise.

This same friend wondered, what if my slow weight loss was due to chronic inflammation? Since going into menopause, my body feels like it's been holding on to water like crazy.

Then I found the Lyn Genet Plan Diet See the link below:

http://lyngenet.com/

It is so weird to eat nearly at the top of my TDEE for 5 straight days (this diet was good for figuring that out!) and losing about a pound PER DAY.

It's worth checking out and it's all real food.

Have you completed the plan? Has it worked for you?
I didn't see any scientific evidence to support her views on 'reactive' foods. I hate these diets that claim to have a scientific basis and yet don't list the references to support their claims. Without references how can we know whether there is any real rationale behind the diet or whether it is just woo?
]
carorees wrote: Without references how can we know whether there is any real rationale behind the diet or whether it is just woo?

Just love it - just woo!, :grin:

It's another "plan" to lighten your wallet. :wink: me thinks.
it seems really complicated. i dont think id had the energy to plough through it. look i dont even have the energy to use capitals!!
I'm with Carorees. The diet claims to be about reducing inflammation in the gut, but the recommendations are not only presented without evidence, explanation or even a hint of where what work might have been done, but I think they are quite at odds with evidence-based current research on IBS. There has been some success with reducing fermentable carbohydrates, particularly FODMAPS, from the diet. FODMAPS are fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols.
10 posts Page 1 of 1