The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 2 of 3
I've lost one or two posts lately and yet I always wait for it to go through the checks. I thought it was my tablet playing silly devils but it did it with a post I was sending from the PC earlier. Thats forums though. These things happen on the best of them!
Did you get an error message at all or did it tell you the post was successful? I'd like to get to the bottom of this if there's a problem!

Are you using the mobile version or full version of the site?

Nope, no messages. It just went back to the home screen and the message disappeared! I was using the full version on both tablet and pc.
Hi Moogie:

I lost a post too. No big deal and I would not mention it except you sort of asked.

No error message.

I noticed that another post showed up at about the same time as mine (tried to). Perhaps a conflict of 2 at once?
Nanou wrote: OK, probably a coincidence then, sorry!
It happened a few weeks ago and I was new then so maybe made a mistake, then it happened this morning when I was trying to reply to the post about counting calories on non-fast days. It was just before I posted this thread.
I'll test for myself then: anorexia, bulimia.
There!

I did a post yesterday at a similar time to you and it disappeared as well. Was annoyed as I had to re-write it.
Hi Nanou, glad to hear 5:2 is helping you!

I too have had problems posting a few times lately, possibly when other replies have been posted and I don't click on submit again - if that's what you have to do?
Moogie, looks like there might be a problem then. If it happens again when I'm posting, I'll try to log when and what thread and let you know - if you like.
Happens to me all the time, so I usually copy the post then click submit and hope it goes through, if it doesn't then I hit quick reply again and paste then hit submit again. Thought it was just my internet being fickle. Using windows explorer ie9.
Yes, I've lost a post as well. I thought it might be that someone else was posting at the same time.
I think (though I can hardly remember) this may have happened to me once, but given the number of posts I have made that is as good as never. However I have occasionally hit a very long delay before the page refreshes and the post goes through - this afternoon one took a full 2 minutes! But in the end there it was, posted. Of course if I had hit the back key or done something else to 'fix' it I might have lost the post at that point...

Still, it isn't a bad idea to copy the text of a long post before sending it, just so you have a backup. Not that I do, of course...
I have lost the occasional post. As typing is not my strong point I often don't try and resend!
Just to clarify, it is really extraordinarily rare on this forum for posts to have to be 'moderated' or 'censored'. We try to operate on the principle of free speech, and fortunately most of our members are sensible and polite (and helpful and funny...). The issue of extended fasting is subject to special rules following an open membership vote. Anyone who feels that a post breaches reasonable boundaries is encouraged to report it by clicking on the exclamation button. But the reality is that moderation is rarely requested.

IMO anorexia and bulimia are matters of concern but for discussion not censorship.
Nanou wrote: the point I was trying to make, was that 5:2 has seemingly cured me of disordered eating. I used to be locked into a cycle of binge eating and punishing myself, which was sliding down towards eating disorders and food obsessions. The key to my new-found mental health is the non-fasting day relaxation, when I don't think about food too much and am able to enjoy it without guilt or unreasonable restrictions. I am so grateful for this WOE, it really has changed my life.

That is really great to hear. Of course some outsiders claim that 5:2 will lead to eating disorders but from what I have heard (mostly here of course) I don't see any sign of that at all, quite the reverse as in your case in fact. Thanks for sharing.
Betsysgr8 wrote: Happens to me all the time, so I usually copy the post then click submit and hope it goes through, if it doesn't then I hit quick reply again and paste then hit submit again. Thought it was just my internet being fickle. Using windows explorer ie9.

I do the same, as I lose my posts so often - usually when I'm on my android on the train, so not sure if its a network or site problems
I've lost posts a few times, always when I've taken a while to reply or got distracted while typing, as if I've been timed out.
wildmissus wrote: I've lost posts a few times, always when I've taken a while to reply or got distracted while typing, as if I've been timed out.

Yes! It's as if I've timed out and it is usually with a long post or a wonky internet connection. Thanks wildmissus describes it perfectly. :)
33 posts Page 2 of 3