The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 1 of 3
This is the second time it happens. Every time I mention eating disorders by name (the "a" word and the "b" word), my posts fail to make it on to the board!!
Why is that?
I am not attacking anyone or promoting anything dangerous. I am merely saying that 5:2 has helped cured me from the said disorders that were looming on the horizon.
I love this forum but I'm not sure I like this at all! :pissedoff:
I have re-checked the terms and conditions: I was NOT discussing extended fasting either, so really cannot understand. There must be an automatic block...
I had spent a lot of time penning an answer to a thread!
I know there are times when you are on the border of a rule it doesn't make much sense but in a big forum like this it would be very easy to slide into extreme ideas. wishing you well and hope this way of eating is suiting you. :clover:
Perhaps there is another problem with posting (technical glitch). I have definitely seen others mention anorexia so provided there is no inappropriate attitude expressed, can't see why it should block...
Anorexia. Bulimia. Testing testing.

Edited to add: Nanou, I am very glad this way of eating is helping you avoid slipping into disordered eating! It really is wonderful how relaxing it is - I've tried losing weight earlier by calorie counting and low-carbing, but while it worked short-term I was not able to sustain it, and it did lead to me thinking and worrying obsessively about food. 5:2 feels much more sustainable.
This way of eating has made a huge difference to my disordered eating too. Binge eating in my case. Completely stopped with no effort when I started 5:2. And it has been a problem for years and years. Can't quite believe it!
My posts weren't posting first time. Click back and try to re-submit.
@Nanou I don't think they are being censored! I had a quick look at the moderator logs and no-one has deleted any of your posts in the last day or so...when did you notice it happen? If you can tell me which day it occurred and approx time I can check.

Most likely it is just an unfortunate coincidence!
Big, but getting progressively smaller, Brother is watching you. :)
Seriously though, I would be amazed if they were being blocked or censored. It is a very open forum which encourages debate and discussion on all but a tiny amount of topics. I am sure one of the mods will investigate for you.
OK, probably a coincidence then, sorry!
It happened a few weeks ago and I was new then so maybe made a mistake, then it happened this morning when I was trying to reply to the post about counting calories on non-fast days. It was just before I posted this thread.
I'll test for myself then: anorexia, bulimia.
There!
It works, yay!
I was being paranoid then :)
So, the point I was trying to make, was that 5:2 has seemingly cured me of disordered eating. I used to be locked into a cycle of binge eating and punishing myself, which was sliding down towards eating disorders and food obsessions. The key to my new-found mental health is the non-fasting day relaxation, when I don't think about food too much and am able to enjoy it without guilt or unreasonable restrictions.
I am so grateful for this WOE, it really has changed my life.
That was the thread I had trouble posting to, as well.

That's exactly the point a lot of people seem to miss. The mental relaxation of *not" dieting every day of the week enables you to carry on with it, endlessly. I can eat "x" tomorrow works wonders, even if it rarely happens now.

Been reading all about paleo and the thoughts on hormone control make loads of sense now that I seem to have been "reset" and can identify hunger and satiety properly now. :smile:
I think a lot of people were replying to that topic at the same time so may have caused the system to have a wobbly moment!
I find that when you submit a post you need to wait for the screen to go through a 'double- cycle' before you can be sure that your post is really safe. I can't remember the actual wording but if you are in too much of a hurry to return to a previous topic then your post seems to disappear - never to be senn again! Hope this helps.
Glad this has all been resolved! There are no blocks or censors in place here and we staff do try to contact members if we've had to remove a post temporarily while we decide what to do about it.

When you post a reply to a topic, the system checks if other replies have been made while you were writing yours - and notifies you if there are any. This allows you the chance to modify your post before submitting it again, but also means your post hasn't gone through yet and you will need to click submit again whether or not you've amended your post.

Perhaps now the forums are so busy I should disable that feature, at least on the busier boards?
33 posts Page 1 of 3