The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 1 of 2
Yeah, fasted Tuesday, Wed off, fasting Thursday. This will be fast 12. Is it harder? Tues was the easiest of all my fasts.

I've done it after a couple of bank holidays and not found it any different. Good luck!
I always have just one day between fasts, either Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday (if I can't do Monday for some reason), so I've not really thought about it.

I always find the second fast of the week harder, maybe that's why? It generally fits better with my life though that will change in a week or so when a weekly activity finishes for the summer. I will then try a Monday and Thursday fast, maybe that's easier.

Either way, good luck today!
I have done it once or twice, I prefer a 2 day gap but it isn't too bad. I found I had less energy the day after the second fast.
Personallu I MUCH prefer 2 days between fasts, not because the 2nd day is easier but beause the 1 day 'rest' doesn't feel like a rest when there's another fast straight on it's heels!

I didn't find the fast any harder though - go for it!
If you read the book Dr Mosley talks about unlimited green food on fast days as well - there are little calories, lots of fiber to fill you up and it detoxes the liver as well.

I have found some days easy and others impossibly hard. I do 6 cups of greens, 1 cup cauliflower piece (25 calories) in the food processor, eaten raw as 3 salads from 12pm - 6pm with rice vinegar dressing, some protein - 1 hard boiled egg early in the day and last salad I include 1-2 oz baked chicken sometimes I even have a mandarin tangerine - this all totals about 368 calories so my weight loss is slower but I am happier than starving myself. I have tried juicing for a day - about 9- 12 oz of fresh green juice w/minimal fruit and I got acid reflux, so I am better off eating raw greens. Experiment on your fast days with what 'satisfies" you since this is a lifestyle not a diet. So I am sticking with what I have found to work for me and I also include a ton of water and caffeine free green tea w/lemon. I do watch what I eat on feed days except for the day after a fast - I eat a bit more food or it seems like it anyway. I have about 10 more pounds to lose and if it takes me 6 months I don't care since I plan on eating this way the rest of my life. I love the freedom of no kitchen work 2 days a week - no dishes to speak of and no messes to clean up. I make everything the night before so all I do is pack a cooler and take it with me when I go to teach my exercise classes.
I have done this numerous times and haven't noticed any difference, as above the second fast of the week is always a bit harder than the first either way, good luck
I have always Fasted with only one day in between, so it is normal for me, and I am still losing weight :smile:
When I do Monday and Wednesday I notice that my stomach is a bit more delicate and I need to eat food that is easy to digest. Apart from that no big difference.
This week I'm doing one regular fast day( 500-600 calories) and two 1000 calorie days, as I also did last week - might be my new WOE
I started fasting on Wednesday and Friday (it was just easier for me through Lent to do it that way) and I always found that Friday was harder.

I now fast on Tuesday and Friday and I don't find any difference between the two fast days. On the odd occasion that I move my fast day from Friday to Thursday and am therefore fasting on Tuesday and Thursday I don't see any major difference in my two fast days. I put it down to fasting experience and like anything the more you do it the easier it becomes.
Usually do Mon/Thurs but have done Tues/Thurs and find it no different. I agree with the others that the second fast day is the hardest.
When I only have one feed day between fasts, I do find the second fast day harder, but not significantly so. I prefer to have two days between fasts, but this week I'm trying 4:3 to see how I like it.
I usually do Mondays and Thursdy but I have done a few Tuesdays Thursdays due to bank holidays. I have found them difficult, I usually have a supper before bed on non fasting days but as I start the fast after dinner the day before and finish at breakfast the day after I miss four days of suppers without a break :cry:
Lots of great replies here and all varied, which is awesome. I love this, and can see myself doing this. In past with other methods, there was always huge guilt and fail feelings, but not anymore, because we can have some nice foods as well as knock off kilos. Where has this secret been all these years?
I did ADF for the first 10 weeks to take the element of choice out of it and it was fine, it's just one day at a time. I now do 4:3 and feel similarly, I don't seem to have a "fast" memory, each day is new.
21 posts Page 1 of 2