The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

34 posts Page 3 of 3
Just eaten a chicken and pak choi stirfry with some avocado. Had a treat of cream cheese after, just a wee bit and a couple of cherries...

This is possibly more than 500 cals but the avocado was going past it's best & I still can't really let food go to waste. :cool:
For my girlfriend, for breakfast I make her an omelette with two eggs, and a small piece of ham or other meat, some tomato. Tea.

For her day at work, I make her a salad in a pretty big plastic box to bring along, lots of raw vegetables, why not kelp noodles, some protein like chicken, ham, shrimps, tuna and/or beans, vinaigrette, spices, chili, garlic. Some strong taste makes it all feel more filling. Lot's of volume, texture, fiber and taste.

All above calculated to be around 350-400 kcal, which gives her some room for snacks or small meals like dried meat like beef jerky, some vegetable juice, miso soup.

Myself? I'm not picky and not too bothered by the lack of food, I eat whatever or nothing/almost nothing at all.
I'm having a baked sweet potato with green beans and okra for supper tonight - only about 200 calories total.
Interesting to read what others eat
I have been doing this since beginning of May and am now in the habit of skipping breakfast every day but I do eat an apple in the late morning.On fast days I eat lunch of just green salad and bit of cottage cheese mid afternoon on nonfast days I eat the same salad but add nuts and roast veg
For dinner I may start with a very low cal homemade veg soup ,then homemade roast veg,no oil,and a very small amount of chicken or fish
My treat on fast days is low cal hot choc and on nonfast days I have dark choc and a soy latte
Maybe a yogurt for a late snack
I have sort of got into a rhythm and quite like it
Have lost more weight than on any other previous diet and seem to be maintaining at the moment.
34 posts Page 3 of 3