The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Has anyone noticed they are losing weight more evenly since 5:2ing?
I am naturally pear shaped & when I have previously dieted I have first lost weight from my top half & waist first but not from my fatter lower half. This time I am losing weight all over & particularly from my buttocks & thighs which is brilliant for me but at the same time surprising & a bit weird. :grin:
Does 5:2 & IF more readily enable fat loss from all over the body including loss from more longer term fat storage areas?
I'm no expert I too have found overall change in my shape.
Previously when I've been on other 'diets' only seem to loss it off (sorry if TMI) my breast area naturally the only place I if it was going to stay I wanted it to stay. So far on 5:2 I seem to have overall reduced in size all over which is just another reason for sticking with this WOL :grin:
In reference to my earlier post, as a (large) hourglass shape, I find I am not losing much from my waist at all, but have lost mostly from my legs, neck and face and back, with a little bit off all over.
I am still finding straight skirts tight on hips and tummy.
I don't care, as long as the scales are going down, but find it interesting.
Hopefully it will even out eventually.
I quickly lost weight off my waist and more slowly I have been losing weight off my hips. I have lost very little off my bust but I have lost quite a lot off my face and upper arms.

I think the place I want to lose it from the most is my hips and I am losing it from there (on more conventional diets I lose off my bust and not off my hips) although the loss from the hip area is slow I am definitely fitting into clothes that had once been too tight in this area.

I have only been doing this way of life since February, it will be interesting to revisit this question after I have been 5:2ing for a year or so.
Yes I'm same, Never before have I noticed so much changed as this week has bought me, before I'd need to lose 2stone before noticing so my conclusion is this must be ''fatburning'' because yesterday one top looked maturity (charity bag now) the top I put on in evening looked amazing + hubby said he was beginning to notice, also yes hips+thighs
So from now on every piece of clothing that looks like that when I put it on goes to charity, coz there's plenty in wardrobe that haven't fit me for ages, but what a difference 2weeks make for me anyway :heart: Sue
Oooo arms I wish wish wish and ankles :like:
Me too. I seem to be losing (very slowly) from my bum and thighs (plenty still to go) but 2 pairs of trousers have gone in the charity bag as they are so loose and baggy!
Thank you for your replies isn't it interesting! I really noticed it most this week & have lost another inch from my waist & I can get into my next size jeans today. It would be wonderful if it continues because it seems much healthier losing weight all over.
Yes in loosing 1.5 stone or just shy of 10kgs it appears to have shed off my body pretty evenly. Surprisingly more from my upper half and I have gone from size XL to S which I find a bit weird.

Was also doing much more gym and walking which would have helped. Interesting isn't it?
And me!

Don't know if its because I've stuck it better but I'm actually losing off my arms and thighs and the weight has always stuck there. I've also noticed that I'm not getting a scraggy face. I've lost my chins and some of the chubbiness off my cheeks but on other plans you seem to quickly get people asking if you're poorly. The comments I've had recently have all been on the lines of how well I look.
Yes I know what you mean Miffy. I have been advised to stop dieting in the past because my face has looked haggard! But not now!
I lost several inches from my waist very quickly, but since then I too have been losing weight evenly all over which I am happy with as I have an hourglass shape.
I seem to be losing from my thighs and waist. Hubby says he's happy as my bust is now bigger than my waist. I'm happier because I have always been cursed with 'thunderthighs'. I find that I get a pair of jeans that are comfy in the waist but snug in the thighs, then every time you walk anywhere the thighs pulled my jeans down. I am now seeing looseness in the thighs of my jeans.
It does seem that it takes the fat from all over instead of the top down.
I too have had the you need to stop losing weight your looking hagard as the face lost the weight first on other diets.
I have not noticed any difference in where the fat comes off between 5:2 and paleo. I haven't tried any other diets.
I've noticed the same thing as you, Isis. I'm a bit pear-shaped and always have had chubby legs. I'm losing weight all over more evenly and quite a bit off my legs. I've wondered if part of it is do to my being a bit older and a smidge shorter than the last time I lost significant amounts of weight. My proportions (length-wise) are different now.
I too have noticed that I've lost weight from my lower half, whereas normally I never lose weight from there, it usually goes from my chest first and for the moment I haven't lost from there...yet another reason to be happy with 5:2!!
16 posts Page 1 of 2