The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 2 of 2
Thank you everyone! So many supportive posts and so many ideas!

I AM going to persevere. Think that bit of encouragement may just have been what I needed. Hearing that many of you find a "down" time but manage to deal with it helps. And to hear that for some this gets better makes it worth persevering.

As weight loss is not key for me (I could lose half a stone but it isn't essential) I think I will try the slightly higher calories route. Maybe 600 instead of 500. And maybe take that at lunchtime. Maybe even just another skinny latte - carb, protein and caffeine! And I will also make a point of being busy mid to late afternoon!

Thanks again!
I'm with everyone else. Fill in with a snack; I seem to be in the minority by spreading my food quota over the day. I do take walks and keep physically busy. I eat a chocolate coated high fiber or protein bar at lunch; cal. are between 110 and 130, depending on the brand. I don't get grumpy (more than usual, at any rate). I'm also on maintenance and haven't had trouble over the last 6 weeks with what is basically 6:1, with a loose calorie goal on the fasting day of 500-800 cal.
17 posts Page 2 of 2