The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Digital scales
29 Jun 2013, 11:36
Well, it is not a problem, and if it is - just a funny one :razz: .

I guess a lot of scale can change 100-200g if you step up 3 or 4 times in a row *lol*

What do you prefer to believe, the "highest" one or the "lowest" ?

This morning my scale showed 79,9, then 79,8, 79,8 and 79,9 :grin: ..

Pia
Re: Digital scales
29 Jun 2013, 11:38
I take the middle one!
29 Jun 2013, 11:46
I would take the lowest reading and then move the scales to different spots to see if they would go any lower. I thought everyone did that :smile:
29 Jun 2013, 12:22
LOL - I do that sometimes too. moving around with the scale :razz: .. Mostly though it is on the same place and like you both I do prefer the lowest one :lol: .. WHO doesn't ? :wink:
29 Jun 2013, 14:52
Lowest one! :grin:
30 Jun 2013, 00:27
Wendy Darling wrote: I would take the lowest reading and then move the scales to different spots to see if they would go any lower. I thought everyone did that :smile:

Altitude helps. The higher you can get, the lower the reading.
30 Jun 2013, 01:15
ADFnFuel wrote:
Wendy Darling wrote: I would take the lowest reading and then move the scales to different spots to see if they would go any lower. I thought everyone did that :smile:

Altitude helps. The higher you can get, the lower the reading.

Great :bugeyes: Now I'm vertically challenged on 2 levels, height and altitude. :razz:
30 Jun 2013, 01:32
Now I know why I weighed less 20 years ago
I lived at a higher altitude
30 Jun 2013, 04:48
I got a really low reading one morning--a too good to be true low reading. Followed by a lot of inconsistent numbers. Around the same time it would just turn itself on and start weight nothing when nobody touched it, over and over and over again. Apparently, that is fairly common when the batteries need replaced.
30 Jun 2013, 07:18
43tweaker - you're right the batteries need changing

Another good tip is to use a handy husband to step on the scales then jump on again yourself, the scales are relieved & give you a nice low score :like:

The things we do :lol:
30 Jun 2013, 07:21
& of course, as we all know:

- Go for a wee before weighing
- Breathe out as far as you can before you step on
- Step on very lightly & stand carefully like a feather
30 Jun 2013, 09:41
I just thought of actually knowing if the scales are a dud. Weigh a 2kg or 3kg bag of sugar, if that is spot on, I may be inclined to believe the darn thing that threatens to rule me.
I wish they didnt have that power over me.
30 Jun 2013, 13:59
LOL - I will use your advices about husband and this about breathing out .. and lightly and stand up again... :lol: ..

At least it is only 100-200g and I guess we are still loosing the same amount of weight :wink:
30 Jun 2013, 14:02
AnnieD wrote: ... Another good tip is to use a handy husband to step on the scales then jump on again yourself, the scales are relieved & give you a nice low score :like:

:lol:

Mine recently stopped saying "One at a time please!"
07 Jul 2013, 07:19
:lol: :lol:

I weigh every morning (I only stopped when the weight was really piling on & I really didn't want to know any more :shock: head in sand!).

The bedroom is right next to the bathroom & the scales are just inside the door.

My lovely OH knows that I have my happy & sad weights (which are of course decreasing all the time thanks to 5:2).

Currently we have:

< 67 = ecstatic
< 68 = pretty good & about what I hope for
< 69 = alert, alert don't want to ever again go over 69 :cry:
> 69 = excuse me whilst I go & cut a limb off :shock:

MIL Is here at the moment & eating & drinking may therefore be a little less controlled than usual :(

So, as I trip past him on my way o the bathroom this morning the conversation went like this:

"Don't forget to breathe out"
"Don't worry, I know that, gonna be careful"
"Fart if you can too"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
20 posts Page 1 of 2