The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Mindfulness
03 Jul 2013, 20:27
Thank you Wildmissus for pointing me in the direction of mindfulness. I have started the program in the book by Williams and Penman and already I feel the benefit. (Sorry don't know how to do links). I seem to have a new calmness and clarity. Really helpful and complements the 5:2 program beautifully. Has anybody else taken this up
Re: Mindfulness
03 Jul 2013, 21:23
No but would like a try, more info about the book please, Ta.
03 Jul 2013, 21:33
Azureblue wrote: No but would like a try, more info about the book please, Ta.

http://www.franticworld.com
04 Jul 2013, 06:30
I downloaded the book and have read some, but don't have the CD's to do the meditation and haven't started yet. I'm really pleased it is working so well for you! I must start soon....
04 Jul 2013, 08:13
I downloaded the enhanced Kindle edition onto my iPad and the meditation recordings work absolutely seamlessly. The really good thin about it is that it starts off with short <10mins meditations so it doesn't feel to overwhelming. Also man reading meditations has really nice voice with no irritating little vocal habits - yes I know that was a 'grumpy old woman' type of comment.
04 Jul 2013, 09:30
Here's the link to amazon -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindfulness-practical-guide-finding-frantic/dp/074995308X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372929764&sr=8-1&keywords=mindfulness

I'm glad others are getting the benefit of it. It's such a simple thing to do.

I downloaded it onto my kindle then downloaded the audio onto my samsung galaxy phone.

I have found it very useful and calming. Next week I have to take my daughter to the dentist to get teeth taken out in preparation for a brace and I'm hoping to use it on her. I have also noticed that when I have a discussion (arguement :wink: ) with my husband I no longer feel the need to raise my voice and remain calm which really winds him up :grin: .
04 Jul 2013, 10:04
Will take a look at this wildmissus it sounds extremely useful.

Also love that bit at the end :lol: :lol: sounds like you are in control in more ways than one :grin:
04 Jul 2013, 17:31
I have downloaded this and read to chapter 3. Easy to read and thought-provoking, OH is queuing for it after me!
Many thanks for the tip :0)
04 Jul 2013, 19:21
I am a big fan of mindfulness but 'living in the moment' can be incredibly hard to do as our brains want to race ahead and plan or worry. However, bringing yourself back to the moment, is a good way of grounding yourself when you start to feel tense or angry. I have taught mindfulness in a group and meditating really helps, even if it is only for 10 minutes.
04 Jul 2013, 20:30
KathyinLondon wrote: I am a big fan of mindfulness but 'living in the moment' can be incredibly hard to do as our brains want to race ahead and plan or worry. However, bringing yourself back to the moment, is a good way of grounding yourself when you start to feel tense or angry. I have taught mindfulness in a group and meditating really helps, even if it is only for 10 minutes.

I am finding that the regular practice of the very short meditations is making me more mindful and calm the rest of the time without me having to try. I also am a person whose mind is usually someplace else running round and round like a hamster on a wheel. This is really changing that.
10 Jul 2013, 09:12
I *think* that the Horizon programme on tonight at 9pm BST is Dr M's look at Mindfulness. There was a feature on it on the Today radio programme about it this morning.
10 Jul 2013, 09:15
Ah, excellent, thank you Franglais. I've been trying to find out when that would be on! Very much looking forward to it.
12 posts Page 1 of 1