The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
I have recently added coconut oil to my diet. It is supposed to help diminish belly fat over time. Maybe this would be worth trying.
I am also 67 have lost weight since menopause and still have a great swadge of fat down my front. 10years ago the district nurse told me It was a natural thing and was there to protect the body. I have never quite worked out from what but there you are. I am at the same stage as you I feel I shouldn't loose any more weight for all the same reasons as you. I do kettle bells and planks but there the fat sits and laughs at me.
Thanks for the article O'Dell! Depressing to think that I probably will never lose my belly completely, but at least I am back to a healthy waist-size and eating pattern.
I started 5-2 with quite a low Bmi but all my fat around my middle.i am in my fifties and for the past ten years have struggled to loose about 3kilos of fat which all sits around my middle.
I have skinny arms and legs and no bum
This is the firt time ,despite trying every diet you can think of,that I gave lost those three kilos and my mid section is finally smaller.i lost quite a few inches off my waist but my Bmi is now 20.4 which is low
It seems that to lose that mid section one has to just keep going with 5-2 and it does finally go
My plan is to lose a little more so I have a few kilos to play with
BBT053 wrote: Ah, that's not so helpful.

If I had to choose then, I think I'd want to keep the face looking good. Looking gaunt isn't great...
Is the back thing permanent or would a physio be able to give you some gentle suggestions? There are chair-based exercises. I'm only banging on about this as I've had back issues for 20 years and it's a challenge keeping bone density, muscle tone and pain managing, so have tried lots of variants! :-)

I don't know as I agree.

I would presson with the 5;2 stuff happy in the knowledge the over all effects are going to be benefitial.

If I may speak as a male of the species I have no problem with a few lines and wrinkles if the person is down to body weight.

:clover:
This may be a woman thing or in the eye of the beholder. My OH is getting a lot of people saying he's too thin now & my SiL lost a lot of weight on Lighter Life and apparently looked gaunt. It's quite miserable having people being negative and in the UK, people are quick to comment!

I think to be healthy you need to look healthy too (by that, I don't necessarily mean thinner, tho leaner is good) and be well in yourself. I'll never be a "normal" weight by BMI, so that might skew my thinking. There is a picture of me at that weight where I look downright ill...but OP has a normal range BMI.

However, each to his/her own. OP was worried about this & is already within the normal BMI range, so that's just my opinion. :-)

All of this is hard to put into words and the intentions behind the comments won't be known to a reader...so read subjective posts with kindness and concern for the OP. :cool:
21 posts Page 2 of 2