The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

30 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: The Law of Bacon
11 Jul 2013, 11:01
Why oh why am I reading this thread..... I'm fasting, no actually I am drooling.... Bacon, chips, meat pies, chocolate biscuits........enough!!!

I shall have them all tomorrow.................for breakfast, cos I can :)
11 Jul 2013, 12:31
I've retreated away from the kitchen, but the smell of toast is following me... The next worst thing (after bacon) to make me feel hungry. DBH is toooo crooool! :starving:
11 Jul 2013, 12:46
The gym I go to backs onto a curry/kebab house...
11 Jul 2013, 14:42
Speaking of bacon, this past week I prepared myself a birthday celebration dinner. Italian of course because I just can't get enough of it. Bucatini with a bacon tomato sauce that sent me to heaven and back it was so good.
11 Jul 2013, 15:48
I think I tasted bacon over 40 years ago...have been veggie since then so the smell basically wafts rancid to my senses. Now some deliciously grilled veggies...that's a whole other story!
11 Jul 2013, 17:25
oh ya grilled veggie good too! Especially zucchini evoo s&p.
11 Jul 2013, 18:05
We used to go on our sailboat over to Catalina Island 25 miles out from Los Angeles. We would be anchored in a bay with a lot of other boats--but spread out. Some mornings there would be the smell of bacon, and pretty soon, the whole anchorage would smell of bacon. So we had to row to shore, hike a half-mile across to the little store and buy some bacon to cook. Couldn't not do it. :oops: :grin:
11 Jul 2013, 18:18
But the smell of bacon is the best part! That and the sound of it cooking. So you got one, possibly two, of those and it doesn't cost you a penny or a calorie.
11 Jul 2013, 18:53
Aagghhh - stop, stop. Sipping my cup of black coffee and drooling. Now I have to go and wipe my face clean.
11 Jul 2013, 21:38
I'm with you there Tompan. I agree with other people here but for a different reason, the smell of bacon is torture and cruel to me too - hubby likes it for breakfast (he cooks it himself) but it makes me feel sick :frown:
12 Jul 2013, 06:52
So who's with me grilling bacon for a butty today having been tortured by this thread yesterday????

Red sauce or brown?

Happy food day :-)

Claire
12 Jul 2013, 07:35
clairemarie wrote: Speaking of bacon, this past week I prepared myself a birthday celebration dinner. Italian of course because I just can't get enough of it. Bucatini with a bacon tomato sauce that sent me to heaven and back it was so good.

Happy birthday Clairemarie :present: :cake: I think thats a recipe to share with all us bacon lovers, for a non fast day of course :smile:
12 Jul 2013, 10:32
Beloved went to a very un PC Iftar last night - a pork Iftar! He said the mini maple syrup and bacon cup cakes were amazing.
Doesn't do it for me as a veggie, but hey ho, whatever floats your boat/makes you row to shore!
12 Jul 2013, 11:42
Tomorrow was supposed to be a fast day, but, there is a food festival only 6 miles down the road with 60+ stalls of locally made foods. This area is renowned for cider, cheeses and sausages. I am not missing that for anything. Well a serious injury or a death in the family may stop me, but nothing else.
12 Jul 2013, 15:08
Luckily my neighbour is an Indian, vegetarian so no bacon smells but the neighbours every now and then make the most amazing charcoal chicken Lebanese style on an open burner outside. Very difficult on fast day :-)
30 posts Page 2 of 2