The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

30 posts Page 1 of 2
The Law of Bacon
11 Jul 2013, 03:25
Surely there must be a law prohibiting my neighbour from cooking bacon when Im fasting. :?:
Re: The Law of Bacon
11 Jul 2013, 03:42
There are many restaurants a block or so west of me, the wind blows from the west. :starving:

I understand. :wink:
11 Jul 2013, 04:11
And then there are those who post about bacon....
11 Jul 2013, 04:21
GoLinda wrote: And then there are those who post about bacon....

Touché
11 Jul 2013, 04:56
:shock: :razz: :lol:
I've been attending classes on Monday (fast-day) mornings in a room above a leisure centre cafe... Sometimes the bacon aroma has been torture! Now the idea of it is mouth-watering too!
Just now (5.53am) I've given up on trying to sleep because its sooooo hot and made a cup of tea. How on earth am I supposed to fast when the day is stretching endlessly?! :confused:
11 Jul 2013, 05:30
The smell of bacon is a tough one on fast days! I was fasting yesterday and when I fed my cats their supper I was appalled that even their Whiskas cat food smelled really appetising to me!

Good luck for today Golarne. I too have been awake for ages as it's so hot :smile:
11 Jul 2013, 06:42
On my fast day the other day, both neighbours got their barbies going ... Sausages, steaks ... And BACON!!! :bugeyes:

be careful what you wish for! #goodweather :shock:
11 Jul 2013, 06:46
Mmm bacon..... but at least you can have it tomorrow
11 Jul 2013, 07:41
Oooohhh the smell of bacon you can always almost taste it also how cruel, nearly forgot I fasted yesterday instead that's my lunch sorted!!!
Sorry all Goo Luck for today :clover: Sue
11 Jul 2013, 07:43
Oooohhh hit the back button again :clover: Sue
11 Jul 2013, 08:29
Chai latte ordered, Bacon barm just devoured. I love 5:2!
11 Jul 2013, 08:39
Simon Egan wrote: Chai latte ordered, Bacon barm just devoured. I love 5:2!

My breakfast this Saturday. I'll make this at home.
11 Jul 2013, 08:42
Bacon, and toast, :lol: :grin: ask Ballerina!,
11 Jul 2013, 08:54
I've noticed since starting this fasting business, I now have a nose like a dog, I'm sure I have been caught sniffing the air on the train...chips, meat pies (lucky I'm a vego so that smells foul), burgers (ditto), cakes being cooked, sniff sniff, is that a biscuit factory sniff sniff. i'll be howling soon ;>)
11 Jul 2013, 10:53
I have been known to have bacon on a fast if it gets too bad. English smoked middle back isn't to high in calories grilled. Plus it gives masses of flavour for the calories.
My lads cook bacon on fast days, then I could kill them. But we also live near a chocolate biscuit factory, not good when the wind blows right.
30 posts Page 1 of 2