The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Roving belly button?
18 Jul 2013, 09:25
Has anyone else found it difficult to measure their waist now? Before I started 5:2ing I measured my natural waist & that is what is on my progress chart but I know the correct measurement should be around my belly button. However both my natural waist & my belly button are on the move, as is the rest of my body, as I lose weight. I have much more flab!, sorry not an elegant word but couldn't find a descriptive substitute, & as other ladies in particular have mentioned a sort of stomach apron that seems to have descended with my waist & belly button. So I have given up trying to measure myself because my basic structure has changed. I know my overall measurements have changed because I am wearing smaller clothes so until my stomach area is visually much reduced I have given up on trying to measure it. What do you all do?
Re: Roving belly button?
18 Jul 2013, 09:29
Oh, Isis that did make me laugh. A bit like the image I get of the roving uterus in old texts about hysteria!
I really don't know how to measure though and as the waist height measurement is such a good indicator, it is something that we should address.
hmmmm :confused:
Maybe some of the boffins in the lab will have a solution.
Meantime, like you say, the other measurements are reducing so that has to be a good thing :D
18 Jul 2013, 09:36
There is a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1019#p7120 that explains the best place to measure your waist. If you use your ribs as a guide rather than the belly button, it doesn't matter if it wanders off!!! :bugeyes:
18 Jul 2013, 12:22
My new band name: The Roving Belly Buttons
18 Jul 2013, 12:59
I measure my natural waist and hips both of which have lost inches even though the scales haven't budged for 2 weeks!
18 Jul 2013, 14:11
very funny! I had given up becaus I was getting very different readings each time. Will have a look at Carorees thread now though :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1