The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Effect on menstrual pain?
28 Mar 2013, 06:38
Now a trend for me... no cramps this month either. Hurrah! Just need to be a bit more mindful of the diary now. What a lovely problem to have. ;)
28 Mar 2013, 07:17
Hi all,

I usually suffer badly every other period or so and find that the week before i'm emotional, suffer cramps and back pain.

my last fast day was tuesday (and today) where i weighed myself the next day and hadn't lost any weight although i did still lose an inch from my waist. Ok fine i thought, i was prepared for this and weight loss to start to stablise... but to my surprise yesterday without warning or pain, cramps or mood swings the red man arrived! I'm only one day in and shall continue to monitor how this is on both repair and normal days and see how it is next month but what a welcome benefit? I'm sure my oh will think so too.

Today is my 8th fast day.
04 Apr 2013, 23:46
My sister is having a similar reaction to me - no more cramps. Like me, no other changes, just pain free.
12 May 2013, 18:46
I have stomach cramps today which is putting a bit of a crimp in my day. But... this is my first period for 6 months so at the same time I'm also quite pleased. I have PCOS so I shall be interested to monitor these effects over the coming months. I'm slightly concerned about whether to fast tomorrow or if this will make the cramps worse.
19 posts Page 2 of 2