No votes
Facebook
8%
Twitter
No votes
Mumsnet
No votes
Total votes : 36

Hi I think I must have been in hibernation because I didn't see program or any other publications on any of this. :like: But did read Mimi's column in the mail magazine this would have been early May this year, so googled it and immediately sent for the book because like so many others thought the 2 days more sustainable, and yes I will never look back on that decision because it may have saved my life, I love doing this WOL and more importantly love what it's done for me and to me the results are truly amazing, it must be the fat burning but my 2 stone looks + feels closer to 3, I'm a little stuck at the moment but I know I'm going to get to my goal so waiting patiently. Good Luck :clover: Sue
I found out by chance. I'm Facebook friends with someone I don't actually know in person who posts links to stories about about Australian and world politics, economics, social sciences etc. He just happened to post a link to a story about 5:2 which I just happened to notice (he does post hundreds of links a month so it would've been real easy to overlook, I can't even find the original posting). Funny thing is he has no idea what an enormous impact he has had on my life. Think I'm going to wait until I'm done then let him know.

Anyway, after I saw that, I did some more reading, tracked down the Horizon program and got on with it.

TedE
I stumbled upon it in a UK paper while attending a conference in London.
Stumbled on it while searching PBS online for a program Call The Midwives. Watched Eat, Fast and Live as well as the exercise doc. as well as Call The Midwives. A shout out for our local Public Broadcasting Station!
I heard an interview with Dr. M on the Diane Rehm Show. I had heard a few years ago that some researchers had experimented on themselves and found that if they ate half their normal calories every other day, they lost weight faster than those that cut calories every day. I'd kept that in mind, but that on it's own didn't motivate me as I wasn't sure how to implement it effectively. Dr. M's interview reminded me of that with a few rules that made it easier for me to just pick up. The additional alleged health benefits he mentioned and that I could eat all the foods that I like really appealed to me. So here I am 4months later and 18lbs lighter. :)
20 posts Page 2 of 2