The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
stomach upsets after fast days
12 Jan 2013, 08:33
Hi.
Just wondered if anyone else suffered from an upset stomach on the day after a fast day? especially after eating breakfast. I have had a dodgy tummy all day and can't think.of anything unusual i have eaten either yesterday or today.
any suggestions what could have caused it or how to avoid it? - maybe its just one of these things :(
thanks.x
Hi Rhona,
What are you eating for breakfast?

I have 4 Belvita biscuits about 9am the morning after my fast day and I don't seem to get any problems. I get up at 5.30am and just have a cup of tea then leave eating until I am up and about properly.
This morning i had a slice of bread with cream cheese and grapes- maybe that was too rich? didn't have it till about 10-30 so was well and truely up and awake. after that tho i felt i couldn't stomach anything else till about 3-30 and thats not like me,lol-.especially on an eating day :(
I am far from an expert as I have only just started myself, but if you are new to this regime perhaps its just your body getting used to the new routine?
I hope it passes for you, pain can be a motivation killer!
Thanks Lisa. certainly spoilt my "eating" day. i had so.many yummy plans,haha.
I usually have granola and yoghurt for breakfast and not experienced any tummy problems.

Cream cheese can contain listeria bugs so pregnant women are told to avoid it...just a thought...
I've posted this on my ' Are you 5ft 4 ish thread but wondered if anybody can help?
Have started to feel ill after eating on my fast day. Feel really sick & headachy. ( and sorry if TMI, but was sick after eating on last fast, & had to go to bed)I have been saving cals for one meal as I've always suffered with severe blood sugar spikes & falls. I know if i eat a little then it will only lead to me feeling shaky & going hypo. Not sure at mo how to progress...... Any ideas? I have been drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day.
I feel the same to I started my first fast yesterday will try drinking a lot more water on Thursday I think dehydration can play a big part. Good luck hope your feeling better soon
Similar also happened to me, although I wasn't actually sick. Next fast day I ate lunch (12pm) and dinner (7pm) and that worked a lot better than saving all my cals for one meal. I also drank tons.
I was sick on my first fast and felt sick after eating on the other 3 fast days too
It hasn't happened since so I hope it will be short lived for you guys too.
11 posts Page 1 of 1