The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Still here...
11 Feb 2013, 21:05
I have completed my 12th fast day. At the last count I had lost 12lbs I haven't weighed in the last week as I had my TOTM, and didn't want to be disappointed if I didn't see what I wanted to. I have also started the 30 day shred DVD and managed my 3rd day of that today after fasting (no food at all) all day. Just had dinner and it was delicious.
I really am enjoying this fasting lark, and although that sounds flippant I don't mean it to. The past 6 weeks have flown and I really can see me doing this for life. I want to lose another stone and a half and then I look forward to maintaining that.
I may sneak on the scales tomorrow, but worried that the exercise may have put a pound or 2 on, my muscles feel swollen and achey.
But I am sure I won't be able to help myself. Already feeling much slimmer, happier and confident.. :)
Re: Still here...
11 Feb 2013, 21:29
If your muscles are sore you will have retained water. Don't weigh...measure your waist instead!
Re: Still here...
13 Feb 2013, 12:32
Congratulation Dancersmum!

I haven't lost as much weight as you have (no doubt due to my broken thyroid and the thyroid slowing meds I have to take), but I agree that it really is a lark and I can see myself doing this long term :-)
3 posts Page 1 of 1