The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Two Aran Sweaters
27 Feb 2014, 10:40
Clairemarie, sounds to me like you have the advantage of not being a snacker. I feel I should spend the dark evenings on knitting or embroidery because while doing these you can't keep nibbling food as one does ;) when reading and watching telly. My excuse is that the cats will mess it all up anyway.
27 Feb 2014, 16:38
I am trying to ween myself off the carbs right now. They are the first thing my mind goes to when it's time to prepare a meal...quick, convenient and easily accessible. When I originally started 52 I refused to buy pasta and made it myself which made me double think it. Didn't eat cake and cookie stuff because my oven was broken but now it's fixed. Everyday I talk myself out of the carbs so slowly I hope I win.
27 Feb 2014, 16:48
I've dropped the carbs this week also. Did a urine test and I was in Ketosis big time. I promptly ate a cup cake and two job nobs. So I need to stay on an even keel and not have any till Saturday and see what the scales say.
Just a big game of Trial end error for me at the moment.
Good luck with your renewed experience.
01 Mar 2014, 15:11
Carieoates, trial and error is right. Go for the foods with the least amount of tinkering. I pretty much eliminated the sugary stuff but pasta and bread are tuff for me. But when I ate them only once a week as a treat my weight dropped and I felt better. Just wondering if your a beer drinker(major carbs)
01 Mar 2014, 15:56
No Darling....... I don't do beer. I'm a red wine O.
This past couple of weeks I've upped my exercise to 6-7 times a week. Plus having had a hysterectomy before Xmas I believe my body is still adjusting to the new me.. We shall have to see what happens, I don't eat masses of carbs, so reducing to Ketosis gives me something to achieve. Then I know I will drop the poundage. 2lb off this week.
01 Mar 2014, 16:03
Hi ClaireMarie, this winter has been a doozy for your guys hasn't it?? we have been cold here, but not as much snow. with the cold and dark, my carb cravings have increased, winter seems to do that to me. you have done well loosing 20 lbs, you CAN get back in the swing of things.

2 sweaters??!! that is impressive! I can't knit, tried crochet once, make me say naughty words. :)

looking forward to hearing about you success, I know you can do it! Phyllis
01 Mar 2014, 16:25
Carieoates, yes body is probably still adjusting. Hope your feeling okay. I only mention beer/alcohol because sometimes we consume a lot of extra calories not realizing it. Good for you on the exercise...I will look up to you as an inspiration.
01 Mar 2014, 16:30
Well Mountainmist it seems many have trouble with the carbs in winter so it is somewhat comforting to know I am not alone in that. As for knitting, I never made anything until the sweaters. I watched my mother for years when I was young. My daiughter was turning 30 this past oct and kept dropping hints that she would love an aran sweater so I made up my mind to do it. It proves that you can do anthing if you make up your mind. I found youtube to be an invaluable resource to learn stitches/technique. If youtube was around when I was young I'd be brilliant.
23 posts Page 2 of 2