The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 1 of 2
Two Aran Sweaters
25 Feb 2014, 16:26
So, I too have stopped 52ing and gained 7 pounds since Nov. I have tried to complete that first fastday to no avail. I started knitting back in October and have been obsessed with it. I have completed two Aran sweaters. While I am very proud of this accomplishment it also meant a lot of couch time! I am trying to go back to the time I started 52 and what made me successful then. It was watching Mosely's video and being digusted with myself. I look at myself today compared to a year ago. I am still twenty something pounds lighter. I still don't use sugar. Bread and pasta have always been my downfall. So my real challenge is to get up and move and get rid of bread and pasta. I look at my Aran sweaters and see the mistakes yet I still have such a beautiful sweater. And so those sweaters will be my motivation this time.
Re: Two Aran Sweaters
25 Feb 2014, 16:30
Hello welcome back and you know what to do and how it will make you feel. Good luck :clover:
25 Feb 2014, 16:38
Carioates, thanks. the other issue is that last summer I bought thinner clothes and threw out the fat clothes! I look in the mirror now and see exactly where my 7 pounds gain settled. On the middle of course. I don't want to buy fat clothes all over again.
25 Feb 2014, 16:49
Ah, woolie jumpers - let them remind you of jumping up and getting going again!!
25 Feb 2014, 16:53
clairemarie wrote: Carioates, thanks. the other issue is that last summer I bought thinner clothes and threw out the fat clothes! I look in the mirror now and see exactly where my 7 pounds gain settled. On the middle of course. I don't want to buy fat clothes all over again.

No, you certainly don't want to do that @clairemarie! And....I would swear that bread and pasta is addictive!!!! Come away quietly please..... :doctor:
25 Feb 2014, 22:31
Hi @clairemarie and great to see you back. And 7lb isn't a lot really, and especially over this winter period. Get back to basics, fast as you did in the beginning and I'm sure you will lose soon - how about giving yourself some extra motivation by joining the Easter Challenge thread, run by @PennyForthem? It's about 8 weeks or so away, and there are lots of people on there for support and in the same situation as you. :like: :victory: :clover:
26 Feb 2014, 02:50
Like you said,you're still twenty pounds lighter!
You can get back on your horse and ride! Come on now Claire,clippety clop! We are all in this together so don't lose heart x x NMFC ( No More Fat Clothes )!
image.jpg
The fairy says it all..
(27.45 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
26 Feb 2014, 02:53
Welcome back!!! wow - aran sweaters are quite the accomplishment - congratulations!!

Yes, I have actually found I'm knitting a lot less now, and it's more often than not when I'm confined somewhere, like watching my son's basketball games, or on an airplane.

I got a fitbit, and I wear it every day to make sure I get in my 10K steps. There's a lot of things I don't allow myself to do until I get them in - for example sitting on the couch for more than 10 minutes :-)
26 Feb 2014, 03:05
That's impressive@Tracieknits well done xxx!
26 Feb 2014, 03:16
Thanks sweetie!!
26 Feb 2014, 13:12
@Tracieknits are you going to change your user name to Tracieusedtoknit? or Traciewalks? :wink:
26 Feb 2014, 13:35
@clairemarie Focus on you weightloss and how good that made you feel and as @Silverdarlinghas said 7lbs isn't all that bad but see it you will and you're not going to be buying "bigger" clothes no way and if you need to ease yourself in slowly then do just one fastday each week plus 16:8 on other days, enjoy the sweaters. :heart: Sue
26 Feb 2014, 13:43
LOL Carorees, I probably should. I wonder if "tracie" is available :-)
26 Feb 2014, 23:07
Thanks ladies. The Easter Challenge might be the fix although I am working on a pair of socks now actually one and a half. Funny thing about the sweaters because they are the first things I ever made. And I liked the challenge but like I said I'm obsessed now and looking for the next project. We have had 56inches of snow this year so it was difficult to walk(excuses xcuses)Also Tracie I like the idea of walking early am.
27 Feb 2014, 07:18
Hi Clairemarie,

Like you, starchy carbohydrates are what I love, but I discovered that I had blood glucose levels which were only just outside the diabetic range. So, that was it. I knew that I needed to change things. I hardly eat them at all now and they were previously my dietry staples. My blood glucose levels are much better now and I am slowly losing the cushioned stomach. I don't think that I'll return to the "washboard" stomach which I had as a young woman, but things are improving.

If I can resist the carbohydrates, I imagine that almost anyone can. Perhaps it is a case of finding a reason which is important enough. In my case, there simply was no option than to make drastic changes. It was about survival. I did not want the health problems which accompany diabetes.

I wonder what might be an important reason for you?

There's lots of information on here about low carbohydrate ways of eating.
23 posts Page 1 of 2