The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Flippin' stuff is so expensive, I want to make sure I get the best for my investment! :like: What do YOU use or can you recommend (and where from?)

Thankies
If you like the coconut taste, try coconoil from Amazon...comes in packs off 3 tubs. If you want no coconut taste, KTC brand is the cheapest...also from Amazon.
Look for the stuff that is cold pressed 100% Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
Yes I agree with Caroline buy Organic Extra Virgin Coconoil from Amazon, you get a large tub that is much bigger than the coconut oil available from Tescos or Waitrose. Be careful though to choose the Organic one because all the photos look very similar & I mistakenly bought the non Organic one that I think does not taste so nice.
I buy this one, which is organic extra virgin and raw, (cold pressed) available from either of these suppliers. £14.00 for 500g
http://www.nutricentre.com/p-44786-orga ... t-oil.aspx
http://www.detoxyourworld.com/coconut-oil
The KTC which is refined so has no taste but all the health benefits is about £3 a 500 ml tub from Amazon. Also available from Tesco on line for £2.25. I also bought a 250ml bottle in an Indian supermarket for £1.29.I use that as a moisturiser and for the oil pulling.I will also use it for cooking when my jar of the more expensive stuff runs out
If you buy from Amazon, don't forget to use the link from this forum :smile:
I was going to buy some Lucy Bee extra virgin organic coconut oil from Amazonat £9/500g jar but the postage was £6.99. So I went onto Lucy Bee's website and bought 2x500g jars for £18 + £2.99 postage from the Natur'es Healthbox option (on the where to buy tab). Drat! Just checked and 2 jars are now £16. Ordered lunchtime one day arrived by the time I got home from work on the next. A friend had the same delivery timeframe 12 noon one day arrived 0930 the next - all for £2.99.
Oh! And the coconut oil is lovely too - nice taste of coconut but not overpowering.
coffeetime wrote: If you buy from Amazon, don't forget to use the link from this forum :smile:

Er..... why's that then? And where IS the link? :?:

Thanks for all your recommendations.... I LOVE coconut!! So I'm not bothered about the smell or taste at all.....
I've just put the KTC one on my Amazon wishlist so I remember it next time.
Hi Domane, if you use the link from here then this website will get a small commission to help with the running costs. If you go to the home page you will find information about it at the bottom under 'Support the 5:2 Diet Forum'
Domane wrote:
coffeetime wrote: If you buy from Amazon, don't forget to use the link from this forum :smile:

Er..... why's that then? And where IS the link? :?:

Thanks for all your recommendations.... I LOVE coconut!! So I'm not bothered about the smell or taste at all.....

As coffeetime says, there is a link at the top and bottom of the forum, labelled "Support The 5:2 Diet Forum" which takes you to a page with links to Amazon and other retailers. If you access these online shops via these links, the forum gets a small commission to help with running costs.
I've just deleted Amazon from my bookmark toolbar and added it again from the forum link as I sometimes forget. Now one click (hopefully) will take me to the Amazon 'commission' page. :?: :?:
Lucy Bee is £6 for 300grams in Sainsburys, but as there is no postage it is much cheaper than Amazon and not a lot different to the other web site
14 posts Page 1 of 1