The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

32 posts Page 1 of 3
WHAT A SITE !
04 Feb 2014, 08:50
I found and joined this wonderful site 1 year ago today and I have never looked back. I was getting near to my target weight by then so 5;2 had served me well over the previous 5/6 months. I found that I was naturally skipping breakfast and not eating eating late in the evening and lo and behold I found that there was a name for it,16/8, how good is that? I have continued with my new found16/8 on a daily basis ever since and I love it. I eat exactly the same foods that I was eating before but there have been massive changes, I eat a LOT less carbs and a HUGE amount more of fresh vegetables, my protein intake has remained similar at low to medium. My weight has remained stable at a few pounds under my target weight and the only time I noticed some fat creep was when I realised I was slipping back into eating things like bags of crisps, biscuits, too much chocolate and all on a daily basis rather than as the occasional treat. There really is no point in changing your eating habits if you are not going to sustain them, we all known that leads to bigger knickers!

I would love to say that this is now my permanent way of eating/living and I will continue for the rest of my life but I know how addictive and insidious learned ( bad ) behaviour can be so I shall keep my fingers crossed and stay focused. I wish you all the success I have enjoyed, it really does work and has changed my life, best wishes

Ballerina x :heart:
Re: WHAT A SITE !
04 Feb 2014, 08:57
Well said Beanarilla and well done on your weight loss! I really hope, too, that you'll be able to stick with this WOE/WOL forever. How could you fail when you have us beside you. We're always going to have the old "glitch" (I've just had a big one) but its not long before somebody puts us straight...and we're good to go again!

Well done for getting BELOW your target weight. Thats amazing. :wink:

Bean :bugeyes:
04 Feb 2014, 08:59
Well done Beanarilla from me too. I don't know what your stats are but it doesn't matter as it has worked for you in all its strange fasting guises.
And we don't want those big knickers creeping back :lol: :lol: :lol:
04 Feb 2014, 09:02
Here's another vote for this WOE. What a year it's been, eh Ballerina? Looking forward to hearing your stories of your jaunts and antics for a good few years xx
04 Feb 2014, 09:02
Big knickers banished - be gone, shoo

Totally agree too Ballerina and beanie tis a wonderful place here and some fantastic results achieved. It is all about the support and the encouragement from other forum members. Also you can migrate to variations of intermittent fasting until you find what works for you.

Even if you stall or the weight does not shift straight away take :heart: chill out hang in there and read up as there are enough positive stories here to keep you focused inspired until you find what suits you the best. Also you can have fun here too. Well done Ballerina and beanie too and debs and penny
04 Feb 2014, 09:07
Hi Debs, I have lost approximately 2st since starting 5:2 but I had managed to dump about 1 st prior to finding this wonderful WOL. I have also lost about 8" from my waist, and am now thrilled skinny!!!

Ballerina x :heart:
04 Feb 2014, 10:26
Wow, the heffalump really has left the building!! :lol:
The waist measurement is really impressive. I think I would have given up by now if I didn't have this forum to waste so much of my life on :grin: . But then, what's the alternative?
04 Feb 2014, 10:39
Happy forum anniversary. Thank you for so many laughs and your wonderful wisdom.
I just realized it's my Fastiversary today. Aren't we lucky to have found this.
04 Feb 2014, 10:42
:like: :heart: Happy Anniversary @ballerina Well said :heart:Yes a brilliant site indeed well done on your weightloss and the new healthier you, amazing "method" 16:8 or any other variation that many of you are happy but use and for me use together with 5:2 for now, Many thanks for your link on your signature its helped me and many others to get our heads around this WOL.♥

Happy fastiversary@Wineoclock enjoy your day :clover:
04 Feb 2014, 10:44
Congrats on your 'anniversary' of joining this site, @Ballerina and on maintaining successfully. You really seem to have cracked what works best for you. We are very similar in our WOE I think so feel we are kindred spirits! :like:
04 Feb 2014, 11:15
Great post Ballerina, pics soon maybe!?!?
I also wouldn't have done as well without this site and the lovely people who populate it.
04 Feb 2014, 11:23
Hear hear, and congratulations to Ballerina and Wineoclock for anniversary time. Hurrah for this site and hurrah for fasting, long may both continue x
04 Feb 2014, 11:35
Great stuff, Ballerina!

I love reading success stories on this wonderful forum.......as I have a long way to go to get to my Fastiversary (25th Nov). Am blown away at the thought of you losing 8" off your waist!!! That is so brilliant! Am full of admiration.

Talk about motivating! As a life-long comfort eater and diet saboteur, I do worry about having a weak moment & throwing the towel in suddenly. I did this last year after losing 32lbs on a low calorie diet. I went down with a summer virus, felt sorry for myself & completely gave up. Ate myself up to my heaviest-ever weight & still have no idea why. The compliments were coming thick & fast, I was jogging regularly, my mood was great (have a history of depression) yet I gave it all up on a whim.

That was before fasting came into my life though!! Currently, I am a convert & I very much hope to have the strength to stay that way. This forum is so helpful in my quest, because the more you read, the more you realise that we are all only human - there will be blips, life will get in the way from time to time, but this WoE is so very flexible that it allows us to cope with whatever happens.

Thanks everyone for your inspirational posts - I am really grateful for them!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
04 Feb 2014, 14:04
Happy forumversary, Ballerina..........and me to! This place is the best thing ever as far as I'm concerned.
04 Feb 2014, 14:09
Happy Forumversary!! We're so glad to have you here :-)
32 posts Page 1 of 3