The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

47 posts Page 4 of 4
Not sure I indicated 5 days somewhere? This is from an earlier post in this topic, but there might be a post somewhere else?

P-JK wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote: help me to understand as i want to be brave and use trend weight not low weight as my rule for whether ive met my target

The tracker calculates a linear trend weight and that's only a good measurement in case your trend fits the 'linear' straight line. It uses all data, including your start weight (as the line starts there). In times when your weight loss is increasing it will over-estimate your weight, in times of slow progress (or even weight gain) it will underestimate your weight. My suggestion would be to calculate an average over the last couple of measurements (say 7 days if you weight daily) and reduce that number with half of your average weekly weight loss over the last month (as using the last 7 daily measurements will calculate your actual weight of half a week ago). In your case I would suggest your actual weight is something like 70.4 kg. Never use more than one digit, it does not make sense. Yes, you will make it!
No you didn't indicate 5 days...I was just guessing that might be a good length of time.

This is the post I was thinking of (specifically the bit I've underlined):
P-JK wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote: My trend line is showing 70.2 on Libra (I installed it this morning so 2 notches to go before i GO GREEN on post 1

this weeks weighings for last 10 days.
70.1 70.3 70.4 70.1 70.3 70.4 70.4 70.3 69.5 70.1 69.7

Judging by your last 7 measures I would say your real weight was 70.1 three days ago. Adding a little weight loss due to your last weeks trend would make it 70.0 for today. In three days time you will be able to check this (as you can then use 7 measurements to take the average for today). Why use long term trends to measure what you weigh today (or three days ago)? Remember you are measuring, not predicting your weight.

Start preparing the celebration party :victory:
47 posts Page 4 of 4