The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
What things have really boosted your spirits, whether it is a comment from someone, wearing something smaller or something else. I'd like to hear the little things that make it worthwhile for you??

For me, it has been the reduction in the size of my legs. I've always had fat calves and being a horse owner/rider, I've always had trouble with finding boots to fit, tight wellies etc. Now my wellies have gaps around them and my chaps slide down my legs.

I bought a pair of size 12 jeans from a charity shop the week before last and was amazed that they fitted me. Then last week I spotted a bargain pair of size 10's which I bought "to slim into" and found that they FITTED TOO! I so wanted to wear them inside out so people could see the label!!! And now the size 12s are having to be belted as they are already feeling a bit loose.

The other thing I've noticed is that my feet don't hurt in the morning any more! Since I've been in my early 40s (I'm 50 now) when I get up in the morning, for the first few paces across the bedroom floor, the bottom of my feet have hurt.... but that's totally disappeared these days!

So share YOUR personal delights with us....
That I fit into my clothes again! I refused to buy bigger clothes when I gained and now I am back into them. I have to put away some stuff that were of the larger size but I am fine with it.

My husband actually notices the weight loss and commenting about it.

Going under 60kg easily as my body hates going under that number......
When I had a check up last week the nurse weighed me and when she put my stats in she gasped and went 'bloody hell you've lost weight! !' Potentially not that professional but made me v happy!
Obviously I'm delighted with the weight lost so far 35 lbs, I've given all my clothing to charity shops and I've had to buy a new ''interim'' set of clothing, also delighted with the health benefits I'm now feeling (discontinued all medications for OE ) now the comments begin my hubby, my sister, my friends, my neighbor. So for the first time in 30yrs I'm enjoying shopping for new clothes, delighted with the actual change in my shape for the amount I've lost. All my adult life I've suffered migraines and I haven't actually had one in the 22 weeks doing this WOL
:heart: :heart: :heart:
My biggest delight is how Very Easy I've found doing and achieving all the above comments :heart: :heart: Sue :clover:
I like watching the little changes like finding that I need to use the smallest set of hooks and eyes on a garment. Finding that clothes now slide on-off easier.

Also little food things like being tempted to snack and after looking at my watch I realise that it is only a couple of hours until my next meal and realising that eating can wait.

When I started this way of life I thought that I was going to have to shell out big $ for a new wardrobe but I have found that I have shrunk back into my old clothes and so I have been able to delay any major financial outlay. I forgot that I had my old clothes to shrink into.

Resizing my dress patterns. I have some tried and true dress patterns that I have made many times. I have started the process of resizing them to my new smaller self :D it is time consuming but well worth it as I shall end up with an interim wardrobe out of it as I end up making wearable muslins as I progress with my fittings.
Being able to wear a pair of shorts that I had never actually worn. :grin: I bought them and by the time I got home they didn't fit anymore. :(

Being able to get into the original interim clothes that I had eventually out sized, the pickings are still scant but there is a full wardrobe of clothes still waiting for me. :)
It has to be fitting into the smaller sizes. And for the first time ever, I am comfortable purging my larger clothes as I truly believe I will never ever need them again.

And the comments from others are certainly tolerable:)
Better bedtime habits: less snoring; less acid reflux (in fact none for months).
Better athletic performance: cycling produces less aerodynamic drag and reduced wheel friction. Its less stressful to do the crow stance (some call it the frog stance).
Better energy and focus: I can more comfortably stand at my standing desk, and my mind is nimbler.
I'm not sure about this -- but I believe it contributes to lowered blood pressure.
Oh, I almost forgot my shirts don't fit me anymore :grin:
I could say more, but I don't want to sound like I'm bragging.
What I see in the mirror particularly side on.
1) actually starting this
2) keeping going with it
3) enjoying the WOE
4) feeling in control
5) feeling fit and healthy
6) enjoying my food but eating to live instead of living to eat
Buying nice underwear for the first time in years
Taking clothes to the charity shop that are baggy
Standing on the beach in a swimming costume and not feeling self-conscious
Compliments!
Faster wrote: Better bedtime habits: less snoring; less acid reflux (in fact none for months).
Better athletic performance: cycling produces less aerodynamic drag and reduced wheel friction. Its less stressful to do the crow stance (some call it the frog stance).
Better energy and focus: I can more comfortably stand at my standing desk, and my mind is nimbler.
I'm not sure about this -- but I believe it contributes to lowered blood pressure.
Oh, I almost forgot my shirts don't fit me anymore :grin:
I could say more, but I don't want to sound like I'm bragging.

I was beginning to think I was the only male here. :confused:

5;2 has answered why I seamed to be spending so much on food for one person...when literally I couldn't afford it.

I knew there was weight to loose but thought it had to be removed by exercise and I couldn't see how it could be done.

Am now acceptable visually, though certainly haven't finished yet.

So £££s is the main answer and not having to take money off my folks since van insurance in May.

OP/domane where abouts in Shropshire are you? I'm just south of Market Drayton.
I hardly ever need to use my asthma inhalers, I have been able to stop taking statins for raised cholesterol, because it has lowered considerably, I don't get as tired. But really, I am most delighted at the reduction in the size of my stomach. I look OK front on, but seen from the side I looked like I was 8 months pregnant - not anymore, and it is WONDERFUL.
I'm with Pat and Juliana - I have lost a lot around the waist and I am SOOO happy about that! I will be taking some favorite clothes in to be taken in - looking forward to not tight nor baggy clothes!
watching the stack of clothing that I have shrunk out of growing ever bigger, and anticipating selling them on ebay. (I have a woodturning habit that costs a lot of money, so it needs funding)
16 posts Page 1 of 2