The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
What happened?!??!?!
16 Dec 2013, 17:25
I was losing a steady 2lb a week, things were going well.!!!! Friday I was 12st 3lb. Today I am a whopping 12st 12lb! More than I have ever been! WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?!

I have not over eaten or drunk, it is not the time of the month.... Has anyone else experienced this? :cry:
Re: What happened?!??!?!
16 Dec 2013, 17:31
There's no way you've gained 9 lb in fat. It has to be water based. Check out simcoeluv's posts, "why am I not losing weight" and the FAQ's about what to expect with 5.2. I cannot tell you exactly what's happened, but someone far more knowledgable than me will come along very soon and sort you out.
16 Dec 2013, 18:01
Do you have batteries in the scales ? Just wondered if they could give a false reading if they are getting low.
16 Dec 2013, 18:31
Were you dressed when you weighed? Did you drink a pitcher or three of water? Was someone stepping on the scale behind you?
16 Dec 2013, 18:36
did you weigh at the same time of day?
16 Dec 2013, 18:53
A 9lb gain of fat is patently impossible, even 9 lb of water seems unlikely unless, as others have said, you weighed at different times of day and wearing lots of clothes. Battery problems, putting the scales on a different place in the floor or similar seems most likely.
16 Dec 2013, 19:45
honestly,I really can't explain it!. I was only wearing knickers, first thing in the morning as usual for a Monday. Nothing to drink yet, the scales are always in the same place, on a stone slab. In The bathroom, it may be that they are faulty but I FEEL fatter, my clothes are tighter, my belly is more wobbly........ It will be interesting what I will weigh tomorrow! (And, yes, I have been to he toilet ok so it's not that) ...v v v odd!?!?!?
16 Dec 2013, 19:54
Hope the scales are nice to you tomorrow :) :like:
8 posts Page 1 of 1