The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I am really interested in nutrition at the moment and although I try to make my feast days as healthy as possible I do sometimes run out of ideas.

Off the top of my head I would say a good day to me was along the lines of:

B - Green smoothie or fruit (blueberries, raspberries, banana)
S - Handful of brazil nuts/almonds or a boiled egg
L - colourful salad with some protein, good fats and maybe fibre (beans)
S - Handful of brazil nuts/almonds or a boiled egg
D - Protein/oily fish with lots of broccoli and vege of choice

How does this look to you?
Your days diet ideas are very welcome :)
Lil :heart:
That looks pretty good to me (except for the broccoli)!
That looks healthy!
On my good days I like to have
B Small bowl of high fibre cereal with a dollop of yoghurt and a few almonds, plus some blueberries or strawberries
S Coffee with soy milk( not so healthy!)
L Sandwich of wholemeal or Rye bread with low fat protein and grated carrot, beetroot, and other salad. Fruit.
S Coffee and fruit, or some nuts
D Lots of stir fried veges with small amt of rice or pasta and red meat, fish or chicken. Followed by fruit , sometimes yoghurt or soy icecream or gelato.
NB Lil, this is a good day!! :wink:

If I'm doing 16:8 I sometimes have the breakfast meal for lunch.
It would probably just be one meal.

Cold. Probably mostly plant based, eg a really large salad with leaves, veggies, sprouted pulses, (eg chickpeas), a little fruit,(eg half an apple) a nice oily dressing and something crunchy on the top like pumpkin seeds.

Hot. If it was protein, just a small portion (around 100 to 150g) of fish, chicken or steak with the largest portion of green veg I could manage, eg broccoli or kale, tossed in a little oil with chilli and garlic.

Berries, but only if they were in season and organic.

And then there is the perfect day if I was not being this healthy. It would probably involve nuts and wine........... :shock:
I'm guessing chocolate is the wrong answer here!!! Damn.
Mine today is:
B: yoghurt (full fat), chia seeds and tinned fruit (all that is available at camp)
S: Handful of nuts
L: avocado and chicken turkish roll and a sweet biccy
S: I have a couple of crackers and peanut butter leering at me
D: The dull leafy salad I couldn't manage for lunch, some persian fetta and a little more chicken. Possibly a small bag of mini cheddars (comfort food, you understand), and a piece of comfort choccy!!

I am fasting every other day currently so I am not being as 'good' as I might be, but figure that is ok. I also have an apple on my desk and some strange Korean canned seasoned sesame leaves in hot sauce which I may risk to see what they are like :confused:
Assuming this perfect day's eating falls on a perfect summer's day, mine would be:
B: 2 cups black coffee, taken outdoors and enjoyed while wandering around the garden
L: big plate of mixed salads with cold salmon or chicken, eaten while say beside the pond in the shade of a big parasol because it'll be pretty hot by then!
S: coffee and cake
D: BBQ with more salads followed by summer berry pavlova, with nuts to nibble as a starter and accompanied by a generous glass of red wine while watching the sun go down.

How long till summer comes?
Oh dear it was all going so well till Caroline started talking about the summer.....roll on the summer.

B- two cups of tea with sweetener and milk.
L- two poached eggs, courtesy of my chooks on a slice of white toast
D - a lump of meat, fish or poultry with roasted peppers, courgette, red onion, garlic, olive oil and a splash of balsamic. Or salad.
This is what I'm having today as it happens.

Haven't had very much pasta or rice for some time now, but sat night is usually a takeaway or steak and all the trimmings.
And Sunday a roast also with all the trimmings.
To me the perfect day would be if I didn't have any sweets, crisps or alcohol. Unfortunately it happens that I have one of those things on almost any given day, which is not great. Otherwise I'm happy whit what I eat which is mostly soups, porridge, egg-veg dishes, stews of all sorts and one pot concoctions, some nuts and dried fruit. I eat a little bread and trying to avoid dairy products.

Given all that my perfect day would look like this:

B - a cup of black coffee with cinnamon and ginger and honey, porridge or eggs and beans
S - no snacking or some nuts
L - beef stew with lots of veggies or beans and some potatoes or rice
S - a cup of black coffee with honey
D - chunky veggie soup or some egg dish

Throughout the day I would drink herbal teas.
8 posts Page 1 of 1