The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
When to start?
13 Jan 2014, 21:02
Hi, I'm back for my 3rd and hopefully final attempt at this. Feel like I'm in the "almost" right headspace now. I want to go back to fasting a Monday and Thursday but today I've been vomiting, I'm in bed now and my stomach is all over the place. I've not eaten much today but more than 500cals. So do I try and fast tomorrow even though I'm not feeling great or wait until Thursday and take it from there?
I normally swim ever other day too but today I just couldn't :( I did manage to walk about 40 minutes but then had to go home and lay down.

Thanks.
Re: When to start?
13 Jan 2014, 21:07
Oh I hope you feel better soon!!

That's part of the beauty of this plan - if today is not an ideal fast day, you can try tomorrow! certainly if you have been sick to your stomach, tomorrow might be a good day to take it easy with food, stick to some clear broths and such and then have a light dinner with mostly veg and a bit of protein.

Good luck!
13 Jan 2014, 21:13
Hi @Love.Grace

Sorry to hear you've been poorly. As you've eaten so little today, if I were you I'd just see how I felt tomorrow...if you're hungry eat, if not don't. I wouldn't think about starting "properly" until you're well again. You can consider today a fast day and if you feel well tomorrow, try fasting again later in the week. If you don't feel like eating tomorrow, consider your two fast days done this week and start properly next week.

When you're recovered you'll be in a much better position to start this new WOL.

Good luck!
13 Jan 2014, 22:07
:heart: Hi @Love.Grace Hope you start to feel better soon and yes I'd call today a fast and maybe leave it for this week but if you're not well tomorrow and maybe make it a 16:8 you will have to put some food back into your stomach at some point, look after yourself and get back to your fasting when you're well enough :heart:
13 Jan 2014, 23:17
Hi Love.Grace
Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. You could use today as a fast day but sometimes I think it's better to wait until you feel better before starting. As you said you have to be in the right headspace.
I've started this WOE again about 7 weeks ago after a break of 4/5 months due to ill health where I put 10lbs back on :cry:
It was a bit hard to begin with again but I'm persevering & feeling better for it.
So good luck & hope you feel better soon :heart:
5 posts Page 1 of 1