The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Had one of those extraordinary all you can eat meals on Saturday night. This one was at the Central Coast Leagues and run by the Star buffet chain in Sydney

check this gallery out http://www.starbuffet.com.au/gallery.html

my dessert didnt quite look like this but it was very very good topped off with crushed nuts (as there wasnt much frouit around) .. plus on the side huge helpings of Panna cote and other dessert delights .. mind you that was after a good kilo of seafood, sushi, peking duck and more.

anyhow clearly I ate more than my normal TDEE and that's fine as it was Easter and if your going to pay that kind of money and someone lovingly prepares such food, im going to enjoy every morsel

My question is.. how come it seems to take a good solid week, even with good fasting to take of that extra kilo one consumes.

Is the body holding onto it?

What is the science behind this. I would have thought 2 days would be enough to get back to where I was but I think it will be 7 days based on scales this morning and my experience in March at the Penrith Star Buffet
Curious. I've not noticed this from a single blow out but certainly holidays and Xmas etc gains are not quick to reverse. It may vary from person to person and is probably related to size of glycogen stores, ability/willingness of the body to burn fat as the main fuel, food on non fast days (you know how having a big meal paradoxically makes you hungrier the next day so perhaps there's a greater tendency to overeat on the non fast days), inflammation from eating foods that one has an intolerance to, water retention, sluggishness after the big feed, all combined in varying proportions!
carorees wrote: Curious. I've not noticed this from a single blow out but certainly holidays and Xmas etc gains are not quick to reverse. It may vary from person to person and is probably related to size of glycogen stores, ability/willingness of the body to burn fat as the main fuel, food on non fast days (you know how having a big meal paradoxically makes you hungrier the next day so perhaps there's a greater tendency to overeat on the non fast days), inflammation from eating foods that one has an intolerance to, water retention, sluggishness after the big feed, all combined in varying proportions!

Thanks @carorees. Expect to be back under 70kg by end of week I think. i had a big meal last night so that probably cemented i the weight

I guess with this W.O.L. we are so in tune with our bodies than even if we have a blow out we know we can get things back to normal.

Certainly reminds me that night after night of "bad eating" will never be a good thing. And we have to give our bodies time to burn up the fuel we just ingested
Hi!
Interesting thread and very pertinent to me...

I can easily consume an additional 3500cals on top of my TDEE when I eat at smorgasbords - the cals can add up very quickly with sweet fatty starchy foods!! And even with healthier foods if I have enough of them...

So I would expect that I would need at least one week of 2 fasts plus sensible eating on the other days to shift this excess.

And that is generally the case - except when I have eaten so much fatty food that I get an upset tummy and then the excess gets removed much more quickly...!!!

But I have also found that on occasions I seem to be rid of the excess quite quickly without anything untoward happening. For example, after 3 days at a luxury hotel where I think I consumed at least my TDEE amount at EACH meal, I was back to my pre-excess weight in about a week, after 2 strict fasts early in that week.

As carorees says, there are many factors that influence weight loss and gain. I guess I can count myself lucky that my body seems to be maintaining a fairly steady weight since I reach my goal weight, despite many occasions of overindulgence. One "problem" with this tho, is that I haven't had to re-educate my eating regime as much as I "should" - ie, I am still eating far too many sweet things in the evenings. I never feel good the following day after this, but that doesn't seem enough to make me change my habits. I am planning to make this my solstice challenge tho!!!

Cheers! :)
Looks like it took just 5 days to remove the excess eating last Saturday.

got to 69.3 on the scales this morning.

so feeling fine!
5 posts Page 1 of 1